KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:37 PM

FO McCall's 6264 - My Muumuu Maxi Dress



Don't let the title fool you - I really like my new dress. It was perfect for a casual Friday at work. The pattern was very simple and easy to put together (another midnight project for me) for a dress that will get a lot of use. I made a size 18, which is a bit loose on me. Next time around I will make a 16 and then take in a bit more at the sides by my waist for extra definition. I did a rolled hem on my serger for the hem. I would also pull in the 1/2 elastic a bit more next time, also. I was nervous to make it too tight, since I'm so large chested. It could have gone tighter without a worry.

Despite those change preferences, I like my current version - especially the length and color. Here's to more easy breezy projects in my near future.

Have a great weekend everyone and to all the Mother's out there - Happy Mother's Day!

19 comments:

Manecoarse said...

I love the color of that dress. You did a great job on it, and your hair looks so pretty.

marysews said...

I love the color! You look great in it, too!

Monica D said...

Nice Maxi!

Alexandra said...

Oh, what a color! It makes you look lit from within. Beautiful!

Faye Lewis said...

Great dress, looks summer breezy.

Karin said...

Gorgeous colour and so flow-y! Really nice!

Jada said...

Love your maxi dress!

Lori said...

Great dress, pretty color on you.

Eugenia said...

Fabulous dress! You are right to love the length and colour - both are perfectly judged and suit you wonderfully well.

Jenny said...

Great dress! I just made a maxi too- love that you can wear them casual or make them more elegant and dress them up. Happy mother's day!

Shanta Hayes said...

I love it, the color, the fit, everything. Happy Mother's Day!!!

Sewtellme said...

You look great in your dress. Happy Mother's Day!!!

Patty said...

Lovely! I can see that this will be a popular player in your summer wardrobe :-)

Myra said...

What a great dress on you! I love the color, the fit, the entire look on you! Beautiful work & quick too...you can't beat that!

Sue said...

Love your Maxi dress. Also the one in your previous post and baby Nilah is gorgeous!

Lynneb said...

That is a great dress, Susan. what kind of fabric did you use?

Susan said...

I used a matte jersey.

Kisha said...

Great dress AND color on you. I've even written that pattern number down, I will try this myself. Your hair is pretty styled that way. And I know I'm late but Happy Mother's Day to the new mom:) I hope you had a joyful day.

Yarny Days said...

SO cute. It is a great color on you.