KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:39 PM

FO - Vogue 1220



I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since my last post. I have been busy going to knitting groups (yea me) and sewing meet ups. Unfortunately, that means I haven't completed as much as I normally would in this time frame.

I have also been cheating on my fabric/pattern diet. It's truly like a sickness sometimes. There are worse things to be addicted to, so I won't beat myself up too badly. I have purchased a ton of patterns, Vogue, Butterick, McCalls, and Simplicity. Oh, and one New Look pattern. I guess I hit all of the big four in the last 14 days. Dang!



Anyway, I had no choice but to get some fabric for a few of the projects, right? Most of my purchases were from Joann Fabrics, but my new Vogue FO is using inexpensive fabric from Yardage Town. We're talking 3 or 4 bucks a yard. Overall, I am extremely happy with the patten. I think I should have picked a sturdier fabric that wrinkles less, so this may be more of a wearable muslin, instead of the workhorse, work dress I had hoped for. No fear, I can always cheat on my fabric diet again and buy a better suited fabric....

I have had a lot of emails and comments asking about baby Nilah updates. She is doing great! She is up to 13 pounds and a smidgen over 2 feet now. This puts her in the petite category for 5 months, but is good for a baby that started out on the smaller end. Here's a pic of her getting ready to go to Sew Hut for a My Label software demonstration (and later fabric/pattern shopping) with Mommy.



Next up is a quick and easy maxi dress to go with this 90+ heat. Stay tuned...

21 comments:

mle said...

Gorgeous dress for spring!
Nilah is so sweet looking!

Jada said...

Cute dress! Beautiful baby!

Adrienne said...

You look great and your daughter is adorable!

Omega said...

Pretty dress, you look great! Baby Nilah is adorable!!

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

OMG! She's so adorable! Love the dress.

Michelle B said...

OMG Baby Nilah is a doll!!!

Love the dress too!!

BTW I've made myself 3 of those New Look skirts (with a 4th in the works) you posted a couple weeks ago!

Faye Lewis said...

Love your dress. Your baby is beautiful! Can't believe she's grown so much,

Karin said...

Nilah is gorgeous! And you new dress looks good too, Mom! I like the print even if the texture of the fabric isn't quite what you were after. The silhouette is good too.

Victoria said...

You've got me turned on to this pattern! You look absolutely phenomenal!!! I love this dress on you and that fabric is so awesome. You can keep fabric/pattern shopping since you make some of the cutest clothes. Also---that little one of your is a CUTIE all the way. She's so beautiful like her Mom (smile)!

Manecoarse said...

Oh, Nilah is so pretty. You look gorgeous. I love that dress. The fabric is very springy, and your hair looks so pretty pulled back like that.

Gail said...

Nilah is perfect! And don't let anyone compare her size to other kids. That always freaked me out to have people remark on how tiny my girl is. Love the dress too. How do you have the time to sew??? You're super mom!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I know I'm suppose to be complementing your dress but your daughter is absolutely beautiful! What a precious little one she is!!!

Alexandra said...

Gorgeous dress! I love the summery fabric.

Lori said...

Darling dress and Nilah is precious.

Sewtellme said...

Nice dress. Baby Nilah is beautiful.

Virginia's Daughter said...

Love your dress! What a darling little girl...too cute!

Cennetta said...

Susan, Your Nilah is beautiful. I like your dress too. It's fresh and stylish.

Lynneb said...

Baby Nilah is GORGEOUS! And you are right on trend with that pretty floral print for summer. Nicely done!

Monica D said...

I love that fabric. Nilah is so CUTE :)

Kathy said...

We like your version of V1220 so much we posted a link to your blog from our Vogue Patterns Facebook page. Love the fabric choice.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I love the fabric and like the fit of the dress. Did you make an FBA on it? I'm going to check my stash to see if I have a suitable fabric. I've had the pattern for a while. This would be a great dress for my birthday next week. TFS