KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:30 PM

FO - Butterick 5496 Tie-Dye Chiffon Top


Toy de-stashed some amazing tie-dyed chiffon to me a few months back. It is gorgeous! Wanting to make the perfect item, I held onto it and then realized that I might never cut into it and that would be unbearable. I decided this Butterick tunic would be perfect! I was right. It has a simple shape that lets the fabric speak for itself.

I felt very polished and put together at work today, not to mention festive - very appropriate before Memorial Day weekend begins.



For this tunic I omitted the elastic at the waist and added three lines of elastic shirring instead. I also used the french seam tutorial on the Colette's pattern website, which made it a breeze.

I still have enough fabric to make a scarf or maybe even a simple camisole if I cut wisely.

Thank you Toy. You rock!



I am supposed to be participating in the PatternReview knock off contest. I picked a python print sheath dress made by Lanvin for $2,245. I have the fabric and a pattern that I think will work, but for whatever reason, I keep making other things. I hope this holiday weekend will allow me to complete it for the challenge, which ends on the 31st. Here's to hoping....

**Edited to add: Bad Mommy...lol. "Happy 6-month Birthday Nilah! You have been nothing but a blessing to me everyday. Lots of love to you on your special day (half birthday or not. lol)

5 comments:

Carol Mami! said...

Guuuuuurrrrl! I love love love that top. I am so sad that I haven't made anything yet, but I'm on a mission to make a Maxi Dress. Maybe someone will let me borrow a pattern?

Julie said...

such a gorgeous top!! Good luck with the knock off challenge, sounds interesting. And a happy birthday to Nilah!!

Amanda S. said...

I love the fabric on this pretty little top. You were right to do something simple with it.

Kisha said...

That fabric is great! I love that top, matter of fact I'm set to make it again tonight to wear tomorrow. This is my third time making it..think I should retire this pattern after this:) Happy half birthday baby Nilah!!

Gail said...

The fabric suits the style perfectly.