KNITTERS-DELIGHT



5:12 PM

FO - Ginger



So it is not a sunny day in San Diego today. It has been raining off and on for most of the day. Toni Tone Tony - what was your song saying years ago? Ahem. Back to the topic at hand. I made this skirt over the weekend. It is VERY easy and GORGEOUS! I am going to make the other two versions as well. I used a tropical jacquard print that I purchased at Yardage Town. I put piping at the bottom of the waistband like the pattern suggested, also. Excuse the wrinkling, since this was after a full day at work.



Interesting story: I bought the same fabric at Fabric.com a few years back, but couldn't get my FBA to work for the Burda dress I wanted. I put it aside and have no idea where I put it. I really loved the material, so I'm glad Yardage Town has it years later.

I'm wearing this one with my New Look 6807 top that I made a couple year's ago. I guess with all of the dreary weather, I decided to be a bright one today.

Up soon, a Butterick top that I've sewn before, but not this version.

15 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Cute skirt out of a great piece of fabric!

Thriftanista in the City said...

I love your color combo. That skirt is pretty. the piping is a nice touch. Did you buy or make the piping? I've never done any piping (there's a joke somewhere in this sentence).

Lori said...

Great looking outfit. I can see why you like the skirt fabric so much, very pretty.

Gail said...

Fabbo skirt and I do like the way you styled it with other brights.

Karin said...

It may be raining but you look like a sunny day! I like the colour combo. Your skirt is cute.

Alexandra said...

Cute skirt! I love the colorful look. I wish I could pull it off like you do.

Monica D said...

Everything blends well!

gwensews said...

And yet, you look bright and sunny, regardless of the weather! Cute outfit.

Shawnta said...

I love the color combinations! Very cute skirt!

Victoria said...

Cute skirt! I love your outfit colors---so sunny and bright!

Brenda said...

Very cute skirt and your clor combos are so refreshing! I love that piping and recently found a new and clever notion for piping. I will be posting on my blog as a blogoversary give-away.

Myra said...

Susan, I see why you love this skirt! You are sooooo right about bringing the "sunshine" out with this GORGEOUS outfit!! I really love your yellow cardigan too! You didn't make that too, did you?

Also, thanks for stopping by with you nice comments, good luck on your tunic!

Lynneb said...

I LOVE the outfit! Talk about great colors together! Love it, love it, love it!

Cennetta said...

Great looking skirt. I'm partial to piping too. It's a nice detail element on this cute skirt.

christine mills said...

Great skirt. You inspire me to sew more!