KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:45 PM

Bohemian Cool - FOs B5497 and S2224



So my little one had a virus last week. With baby Tylenol, it was still 103.5. Yikes, not fun for a new Mom. At least she was still in good spirits and willing to nurse. During her down time, I made three new items. Today I'm wearing a full skirt that I made using the Simplicity 2224 pattern. It's quick and simple and I'm happy with the results, although it is a bit fuller than I am use to wearing. The top is made with Butterick 5497. My knit is a bit less stretchy than I previously thought, so I should probably have only gone down one size instead of two. I think this will still get some use, especially since I'm on a mission to lose the rest of my baby weight. I really like the back details on this one, so I have already plans to make a slightly looser version to add to my wardrobe.



Overall I am happy with both items, I just don't think I'd really pair them together in the future. The skirt is to "Bohemian Cool" for the top. I should be wearing a more flowy top to match. The great thing about making my own clothes? I can make that flowy top and have exactly what I want.

So I am planning on doing Me-Made-June and I want to try to have my entire outfit (dress or top & bottom) all made by me, instead of just one piece like I did for Me-Made-June. For that reason, I'm adding a bunch of separates to my sew list. I still will be making some dresses, but want to make sure I have enough to wear every day.

Tomorrow I will be wearing my new skirt that I made using the new Colette Pattern "Ginger". I have joined the Cupcake Goddess' sewalong for this one and plan to make all three versions .

15 comments:

Michelle B said...

adorable! More patterns to add to my queue!

Faye Lewis said...

That's a nice top and skirt and you styled it well as usual. The top is pinned to my inspiration board now, so maybe it'll get made up soon.

Andrea said...

Both the top and the skirt are very nice. I like that color green on you.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I like the top with both skirts! Glad to hear that the little one is doing better.

Victoria said...

Lovely outfit. I like your idea of having separate pieces. They really do extend the wardrobe:)

Candice said...

I love your top! I might have to make this one again for an everyday top!

Lori said...

Very pretty top and skirt. Hope your little one feels better soon.

Hilary said...

Aw, poor little girl! :( And during her down time you made 3 new items?! I hope I get as efficient as you with my baby down time. Somehow all I can usually manage is a trip to the restroom and throwing some laundry in the machine!

Your top and skirt are fantastic. I do love the bohemian look, but they'll be great pieces on their own as well.

Karin said...

Both the top and the skirt look nice. I can imagine that the top will be very versatile. I hope your little one feels better soon!

Amanda S. said...

Sick infants are so scary. I'm hoping she will bounce back soon. Great new pieces! I really want to make that top pattern soon and am glad to see yours all made up.

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear about the little one... hope she is feeling better. I really like the top you made- has some interesting design details. And the skirt is very cute too!

mle said...

Awwww, that is so rough when your baby has such a high temp! We have had much better luck in lowering temps with children's Motrin than with Tylenol. Our Dr gave us the proper dosage when Jack was really little.
Love that top! very cute!

Lynneb said...

I like the top. I like the skirt. Not sure about together, as you said. But both are fabulous. I'm excited about Me Made June, too!

Monique said...

Your outfit looks great. Really like that top.
It's going around. Hopefully your daughter is alot better now. I had to pick mine up from school a couple of weeks ago because was sick with a fever. It's always pitiful.

Cennetta said...

Cute outfit. I'm thinking about making B5497 again. I love this top.