I finished another Ginger skirt. This has the shaped, curved band. You can't tell so much from the photos, but it is very cute! I paired it with this cute top which I made using Butterick 5562. This simple top has elastic that is sewn down the center of the pleated sleeve to make it ruffled and slightly raised. I added 3 simple silver pieces to the neckline, since it is a solid black fabric. I was reading Amanda's blog last night and saw that she just posted her gorgeous version of this top. She mentioned how the neckline is a bit wide, which I also found. I will probably add straps to keep my bra straps from showing. That aside, it is a great top and I will be making more. Here's a close-up of the sleeve.
I have two additional tops that I am going to make over the next couple of days as well as three more versions of Ginger. I think that this skirt is very work appropriate and it took me no time at all to get ready today, while still feeling put together. Tonight I'm working on Butterick 5496. After seeing Myra's tunic, I dropped what I was doing to buy the pattern from Joann Fabrics. lol. Here's a closeup of the waistband.
Tomorrow I'll cut out Butterick 5495. I bought this pattern a little while ago, but then started drooling over Adrienne's version and had to trash my house in search of it.