KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:57 PM

FO - Butterick 5562 + Ginger Vs. 2



I finished another Ginger skirt. This has the shaped, curved band. You can't tell so much from the photos, but it is very cute! I paired it with this cute top which I made using Butterick 5562. This simple top has elastic that is sewn down the center of the pleated sleeve to make it ruffled and slightly raised. I added 3 simple silver pieces to the neckline, since it is a solid black fabric. I was reading Amanda's blog last night and saw that she just posted her gorgeous version of this top. She mentioned how the neckline is a bit wide, which I also found. I will probably add straps to keep my bra straps from showing. That aside, it is a great top and I will be making more. Here's a close-up of the sleeve.



I have two additional tops that I am going to make over the next couple of days as well as three more versions of Ginger. I think that this skirt is very work appropriate and it took me no time at all to get ready today, while still feeling put together. Tonight I'm working on Butterick 5496. After seeing Myra's tunic, I dropped what I was doing to buy the pattern from Joann Fabrics. lol. Here's a closeup of the waistband.



Tomorrow I'll cut out Butterick 5495. I bought this pattern a little while ago, but then started drooling over Adrienne's version and had to trash my house in search of it.

12 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

You take such nice modelly (made up word) pictures. Nice skirt and top - wait a minute - that pattern is pinned to my inspiration board right now. I cannot sew fast enough.

Lori said...

Another great outfit.

Jenny said...

Both pieces are so cute! What a great outfit they make together! I've been admiring all of the Ginger skirts out there... might have to break down and make my own.

Anonymous said...

The skirt is so cute! I was just looking at that pattern over at the Collete site... Thanks for the inspiration!

Amanda S. said...

You look adorable - very chic and put together! I love this top in the solid color and think I will do that the next time I make it. Great minds do think alike!

Anonymous said...

Great outfit! The skirt looks really nice, and it's definitely work appropriate.

I've made that shirt too, and although I liked it a lot, wasn't too thrilled with the neckline... seems like that's the general consensus.

Julie said...

Love the skirt!! and the top. You're such a sewing genius!

Patty said...

You look very pulled together in your new outfit!

Sheila said...

Lovely outfit and great print.

DD said...

I love this top and agree with the other comment on your
pictures. You take great pictures I always look angry in mine!LOL! Anyway I love the three silver pieces as well. Nice Touch!

Monica D said...

Well done!

Lynneb said...

love it. really cute. Great fabric for the skirt, too.