KNITTERS-DELIGHT



2:53 PM

FO - New Look 6470 Top



I finally managed to get some sewing time in for myself. I picked out New Look 6470 from my stash for a nice springtime top. I ended up cutting the skirt pattern out too. I will try to make that this weekend if I can pick out the right fabric from my stash.

I wanted to make version A with the fluttery sleeves but was one sleeve short in fabric available so I made it sleeveless. This is a nice springtime top for sure, which was exactly my intention. Here's my review of the pattern:



Pattern Description:
Misses knit skirt and tops.

Pattern Sizing:
8 to 18. I made the 18.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, for the most part. It wasn't really needed, though as the top is extremely simple. Very few pieces, especially without making sleeves.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I really like the bottom of the top with the ties. I also like the subtle cowl neck of this top. As far as dislikes go, I noticed that I have to have the front a little bit lower than I'd like in order to have the back neckline as high as I want it. This was not such an issue for me. I just added a cute lilac colored lace camisole underneath.

Fabric Used:
A floral knit that has been in my stash for several years. I purchased it from Yardage Town - I believe I had a yard's worth of fabric to work with.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I omitted the sleeves for version A because of a lack of enough fabric.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I will definitely make this again, with the fluttery sleeves. I have also cut out the pattern for the skirt already.

Conclusion:
A nice, easy pattern that packs a lot of style, without a the time investment.



I have also been knitting the hitchhiker shawl. I have 10 repeats complete and 32 to go. I think it is going to be really nice and a great addition to my wardrobe. Speaking of wardrobe additions, I made the mistake of reading my go0-to blogs, like CeCe's Closet and Erica Bunker's site, which has resulted in several impulsive purchases....Need I say more?

11 comments:

Carol Mami! said...

First of all congrats on using something from your fabric stash. I love the shirt and it looks great on you. Second, Thanks for stopping by to read my little blog and third...Guuuuurrrrllll, I said one pair of flats not three! haha!

Jenny said...

Love the top- great spring print. I'm jealous of your fabric purchase... can't wait to see what you make!

Victoria said...

Cute top---I love the floral print. The colors are really, really pretty!

Karin said...

I agree with Victoria- cute top and nice fabric! Also, you look like you have slimmed down a bit.

Julie said...

what a beautiful way to use up stash fabric!! looks perfect for summer.

Julia said...

Your new top is great. I am getting ready to challenge myself to sewing for myself again. You inspire me. Thanks

Sheila said...

Pretty top.... that plisse fabric is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Just a beautiful top. The colors make me smile.

www.majormusthaves.com said...

Love your top and the color combo you chose. Great taste.:) Happy Sunday.

Monique said...

I LOVE the colors! This time of year you need some pick-me-up, vibrant colors! Very nice top. Looks great on you Susan!

Lunachance said...

I fell victim to Erica's great photo and bought some of the plisse as well. What are you planning to your your fabric on?

Lunachance