KNITTERS-DELIGHT



7:22 PM

FO New Look 6470 Round Two



I decided to try the skirt pattern for New look 6470, since I liked how my top came out last week. I am glad that I did. Not only was it a quick sew, but it is a great addition to my work wardrobe. Now if I only had more solid color tops to match....time to get to sewing! lol

Here are the details:

Pattern Description:
Misses knit skirt and tops.

Pattern Sizing:
8 to 18. I made the 18.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes. Of course it is pretty hard to be complicated with 2 pieces and an elastic waist! *grin*

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
For a simple skirt, it still has a nice design that makes it a nice wardrobe addition. It was really easy to put together and it lends itself to a variety of fabric choices.

Fabric Used:
An abstract charmeuse fabric that I had in my stash leftover from making my first infinity scarf. I purchased it from Walmart for a couple bucks per yard.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
Similar to the 6470 top I just made, I was a little short on yardage. To compensate, I cut the bottom part of the flounce in a size 10.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I will definitely make this again and recommend it to others.

Conclusion:
A great pattern that gave me an immediate compliment the minute I walked into the door.

7 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Very nice addition. I need more solid color tops also.

Julia said...

Honey, you look amazing! I'm not a "honey" kinda person, but you look so good , I couldn't think of anything better to say.

Sheila said...

Cute skirt.

gwensews said...

That's a cute flippy skirt! Very nice outfit.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Your little one must be a great sleeper because I didn't sew until my first one was almost 2! It's a very lovely skirt, btw.

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

Very nice skirt. I like this print. This is one of my favourite patterns.
Angela

AngZee said...

Very pretty skirt! You have such talent.