KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:32 PM

FO - McCall's 6319 Dress



I had a nice weekend that included a bit of sewing and shopping (shhhh, I'm on a fabric diet....ahem). I was able to cut and sew this up quickly and wear it to work for Monday. Here's my review.

Pattern Description: Fitted dress with tapered skirt has lined bodice and elasticized waist. I made view C.

Pattern Sizing: BB(8-10-12-14), E5(14-16-18-20-22). I cut a straight 18.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Absolutely.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes they were very easy. Although, I didn’t line the bodice, so I just glanced at them for the pleats and elasticized waist.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? This is a nice dress that can easily transition from day to evening. I wore it to work with a black cardigan, but could go out on the town by simply changing shoes and jewelry.

Fabric Used: Bright Indigo Blue Ponte Roma Knit from Joann Fabrics.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I took Erica's lead and omitted the lining and added 2 1/4" to the bodice and 2 ½" to the skirt. I also stabilized the neckline and shoulder seams with clear elastic.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I think I will try another one of the versions of this dress. I definitely recommend it as well.

Conclusion: A great dress that can do double duty for work and play. When I gave the UPS guy our shipments he asked if I was going out to dinner after work in my pretty dress. Since Kenny has been our UPS guy since before I started working at my company, this is the first compliment I think I've ever received. Thanks Kenny!


Worn with cardigan, without belt


I am going to cut out a Vogue pattern tonight and hopefully start working on it to wear later this week.

14 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Wonderful job, fit and color.

Allison said...

Goodness, I had picked out that pattern on saturday and then ended up putting it back because I was unsure. But I really like how it looks on you, so perhaps I should pick it up.
I'm still not 100% comfortable with dresses, but I've had good luck with pencil skirts.

Jada said...

Omg you have been making some great things! Great job!

Victoria said...

You look FANTASTIC! This color and style suits you perfectly. You've always looked like a model--just beautiful! This dress really makes you glow:)

Stitchy Witch said...

I love this one on you - it's the perfect color and fit! Thanks for the review - I just picked up this pattern!

Lori said...

That is a great dress, you look fantastic.

mle said...

Oh that is super cute!

KID, MD said...

Great fit and hey, you know I love that color! It looks great on you!

Julie said...

You look so gorgeous!! That dress is super awesome, and the colour is so classic, beautiful and chic.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Blue is your color because you look fantastic in this!

Eugenia said...

Beautiful! I think you will receive a lot more compliments on this wonderful dress.

Amanda S. said...

Very nice! The color looks gorgeous on you!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Great dress and color.

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

You look great in this dress. Nice job.
Angela