KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:25 PM

FO Simplicity 2596



I made a top for my Mother, Kwacha. She has been watching baby Nilah for me since I have gone back to work. The pattern is Simplicity 2596, which I made for myself sometime last year. This is a simple yoke top with bust gathers. I think Kwacha looks gorgeous in this carefree top. Perfect for her Caribbean cruise next week!



I am still working on my muslin for the 1940s "swing dress" from Sense & Sensibility. I have to go up a size, so I'm back to tracing and cutting out the bodice. Here's to hoping this will be a perfect fit, since the fabric is scheduled to come tomorrow!

9 comments:

Aminat said...

Beautiful top, yes your mom looks gorgeous in it

Faye Lewis said...

Very nice top and print. And how did baby girl get so big so fast?

Monica D said...

Mommy and baby looking good! :)

gwensews said...

What a stylish mother you have! I used to sew for mine, too, and always got a lot of pleasure doing something for her.

velosews said...

You're mum must love her top. Just check out her smile. Lovely work.

Julia said...

No wonder you are such a pretty lady - good genes. I like the top a bunch!

Hilary said...

Your mom looks great! (I agree with the above commenter that you clearly have great genes. :) ) The top is lovely and she looks fantastic in it.

Cas... said...

Awww! Your mom looks so happy with her new top. It looks good on her too.

The baby is getting so big now. She's adorable.

You look so much like your mom. Great genes indeed!

Keep up the good work.


Be Encouraged!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Oh, your mom looks great in her shirt, and look how old Nilah looks - time is flying!