KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:49 PM

FO Butterick 5511 (modified)



I found a fabulous knit fabric on clearance at Joann's a few weeks back and bought it without any idea of the pattern I'd use, just that I wanted a dress. I decided to use Butterick 5511, which is a shirt pattern and modify it into my dress. I'm not 100% happy with it, but pretty satisfied at the same time. It will be a good addition to my wardrobe while I am still breastfeeding and trying to shed some more pounds. I love the print and the color as it's perfect for spring.



Over the weekend, I also cut out my fashion fabric for my swing dress, along with the cotton batiste underlining fabric. Tonight I plan on serger them together and cutting out the pattern for Vogue 8511, which I made last year for my cruise.

17 comments:

Allison said...

Man, you are so good at this. I got a new sewing machine for christmas which has made sewing much easier, but I still struggle to make things that I would feel comfortable um..wearing outside of my house. What is the secret? Practice, probably.

Lori said...

Very cute dress.

Gail said...

The style suits you really well. I find my best dresses are often made from modified t-shirt or blouse patterns.

Carla(LoverofWords) said...

I like it alot. I especially love the print. What don't you like about it?

Monica D said...

Girl, I L*VE the dress! The fabric has me wanting some :)

Delana said...

Love the dress. Reading your blog makes me want to pull my sewing stuff out again!

Sheila said...

The dress looks fabulous on you.

Faye Lewis said...

Wonderful look. You did a great job on that wrap over front too.

Alessa said...

Wow, very pretty dress! I love the wrap style! :)

Julie said...

Such a gorgeous dress! And I bet the wrap front is good for breastfeeding, on top of being really flattering. Great job!

Ambitious Sewer said...

Wow!!!! You look amazing in this dress!

Hilary said...

What a gorgeous springtime dress! And perfect for nursing. You are one hot mama!

Amy said...

Nice to see you can squeeze some sewing in. And it's nice when they look so nice.

Angela said...

Very nice dress~! Can't wait to see your swing dress, too!

Victoria said...

Oh, I so love this! You look stunning in that style and color! Looking good lady!

Kathy said...

Just wanted to let you know that we liked your version of B5511 that we posted a link from our Butterick Patterns facebook page.

Cat said...

beautiful dress - and VERY flattering! i haven't worked with knits much - it scares me! - but your dress looks great!