KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:00 PM

Enough is Enough and FO Infinity Scarf



First off, I have another FO. Yes, my third Infinity Scarf worn with my Simplicity 2594 top that I made in late 2009. No, enough is not enough as far as me making more infinity scarves. What then, is too much already, you ask? My fabric and pattern addiction. No, I am not missing mortgage payments or anything like that. But yes, I have a new child and that means new expenses that I have not had to account for in the past. With that in mind, there is absolutely ZERO good reasons to buy more fabric or additional patterns. Okay, there are a few of you that assume that I have a small stash. You would be mistaken. I have 30-gallon bins peppered throughout my small home. That means I have more than 120 gallons of uncut fabric, not to include my dresser drawers worth. Now, that might just mean I need more patterns to help me use this fabric, right? Wrong Susan (yes, I am yelling at myself). I have 400+ patterns stashed and waiting to be used. So if that is the case, why did I go shopping to 2 different stores this past President's weekend? STOP THE INSANITY SUSAN & USE UP YOUR STASH!!!!



Ahem. Now that I've aired my dirty laundry (well, clean fabric....) to the public. I'll say that I did find some great new pieces of fabric and only 5 patterns (1-that I already have, but in a different size). To make me feel a bit better, I have already made a scarf out of one of the pieces (today's FO) and I have cut the fabric for a skirt using one of the new patterns and new fabric. New FO tomorrow...I hope. With all the tirating going on, I better start sewing. lol.

9 comments:

brandilion said...

Having personally viewed this stash (and living with a YOUNGER version) I know that you have more than enough fabric to clothe that little baby girl through college.

Just sayin.

Aminat said...

I am with you on the stash Susan, I am working on reducing my stash as well. I made a promise not to buy anything till am atleast half-down... Didnt buy any fabric in January but broke it last week when I got some good fabric on sale.Oh we sewist.......lol. BTW that is a beautiful scarf

KopyKat-Kim said...

Love the spring look and colors!

Karin said...

Great spring scarf! My thoughts on pattern stashes run two ways: patterns are cheap (well at least during the 99 cent sales!), on the other hand they go out of style if you don't use them unlike fabric. I have far too many myself!

Anonymous said...

You are sewing for two and making fabulous clothes. In your defense really and not enabling you I hope:).

Hilary said...

I hear you! My yarn stash has become ridiculous and there is no way I'm ever going to be able to make all the patterns I've downloaded. And guess what? I just bought more this past weekend. In your defense, sewing projects can be quick (like that fab scarf!), so you never know. Plus, you have two to sew for now!

Kisha said...

LOL! I have not comment on the purchasing of new fabric and patterns..I am a pattern hoarder. Not good being that I'm also a beginner at sewing. So I'm on a pattern purchasing punishment:) I must sew what I have or mess it up trying before I purchase another pattern. Now fabric on the other hand, I actually need more of it, but I'll purchase on a need to basis - I HOPE:) OH!! Where's the fabric/patterns for the beautiful baby?

Trudy said...

Your scarf is really beautiful.

Thank you so much for wishing me congratulations on my pregnancy. I will try to get some baby bump pictures posted in the next week or so.

Amy said...

Good luck with limiting your purchases. I've been trying to talk myself out of purchasing patterns or fabric and failing miserably! I hope you succeed where I can't seem too.