KNITTERS-DELIGHT



10:43 PM

Second FO - Vogue 8634



Here is my second FO of 2011 - Vogue 8634! I made it on Wednesday in the evening at my Mother's house, while she was at Bible Study with my Father.

I really like this top. It is comfy and sleek. It was extremely simple to make and will work for both work and weekend play. Here are the details:

Pattern Description: Close-fitting, pullover tops with empire seams in two lengths, have collar and stitched hems. A: short sleeves. B: three-quarter length sleeves. C: long sleeves. I made view A.

Pattern Sizing: X-small to X-large. I made a medium.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Very much so!

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were great! This is a very easy Vogue pattern that lives up to its rating.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like everything about this pattern, from the ease of making it, to the way the finished product looks so great. Having read other reviews, I would say that the top bodice portion could have been drafted a bit longer in general.

Fabric Used: A ponte roma knit from Joann Fabrics purchased in South Burlington, Vermont.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Being large chested (especially now that I am nursing), I added five full inches to the top portion of the front bodice piece. I wanted to make sure that the empire seam hit below my chest, instead of cutting through it! I then shortened the front to match the back piece. I also have a length somewhere in between view A (short-length) and view C (tunic).

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I already have the material ready to make this again (pronto!) I highly recommend this pattern for others to try.

Conclusion: This is a great pattern that can flatter a multitude of body types. Actually, Vogue has all 4 body types listed on the back of this pattern and I agree completely!

13 comments:

Dei said...

You're looking fabulous in your new top. How's your baby girl? I'm sure just wonderful.

Victoria said...

Very nice---I think your choice of fabric and color really makes this top stunning. I was always curious about this pattern. Well now I'm definitely going to give it a try!

Lori said...

Great looking top.

Julie said...

gorgeous top!! I love the colour of the fabric as well, it looks so flattering and pretty on you. I cna't believe you just had a baby, you look incredible.

Carol Mami! said...

I was thinking the same thing as Julie...you look great! See you soon.

Gail said...

Great top, great pattern. Another to add to my list.

Faye Lewis said...

That is really nice. Love the cowl.

Tanya said...

Great top but how in the world are you finding time to sew with a newborn, amazing I don't think I sewed until my kids were potty trained.

Eugenia said...

What a fabulous top. I love the cowl neck style. You have got a perfect fit - very flattering.

amber said...

That is such a flattering style on you - I vote you make more of these. :)

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Awesome top and I agree - how do you do that with a newborn???

Andrea said...

You did a really nice job on this top.

AngZee said...

This top came out great!