KNITTERS-DELIGHT



1:50 PM

New FO and PatternReview Member in Focus

Oh Happy Day! I have so much to post, but not enough time to share. lol. I consider that a blessing, though. There are plenty of people out there, bored out of the wits with nothing to do. (I'll have to remind myself of this when I get back to work full time as my maternity leave comes to a close, soon....)



I have finished my fourth FO for the new year. This one is New Look 6816. It really was an easy top. I cut it out on Friday night and sewed it up on Saturday so I could wear it to church the next day. This one is a keeper for sure. It's comfy (another knit pattern...I know, I know...lol), but can be dressed up or down. This one will be a great top for work as well as for my weekends.



Another exciting thing that happened this week was that I was chosen as the Member in Focus for PatternReview's Newsletter. Honestly, I feel so blessed to just be a member and get sewing tips, I never expected to be interviewed and have people care to read about my sewing journey. Thanks Deepika!!!!!



Two of my nieces flew to Vermont to visit their new cousin. They were recently accepted into the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority. While visiting, they gave us a fabulous show as they did a little stroll demonstration for the family. What a fun visit we all had!



My last image for this post is a picture of my sweetie, Nilah. She is enjoying her new blankie made by Ashley from Film in the Fridge. She and her husband Morgan stopped by last night for a visit. I had fun letting them in on all the fun they have awaiting them, as she is due with their first child at the end of March! Congrats you two and thanks for the lovely gift. Nilah has been using it ever since. Even though she's just seven weeks old, she still has a stylish reputation to keep up after all! lol.

That's it for right now. I will have a post showing my fun sew-alongs in the next few days. My Sister, her boyfriend Craig, and my Mother are all on the "sewing tip". They are all trying to learn to sew before I go back to San Diego. So far, Craig has made six pairs of fleece pjs for his kids, while my Mother has managed two dog sweaters for her granddog Curly. My Sister is currently working on a pair of pants and Craig is starting on a top and dress. More to come.....

18 comments:

Sheila said...

The top looks great on you and Congrats to being a Member in Focus and to your nieces.

Faye Lewis said...

Congratulations on being in the spotlight on Pattern Review.

velosews said...

I like this top. Congratulations on being the member in focus.

Candice said...

Awesome,Awesome and Congratulations to you!

mle said...

Wow, I'm amazed you are able to do any sewing at all with a little one! Your top looks fantastic! and Contrats on the Member in Focus. Very cool!

deezknitz said...

Wait a minute WHAT?? I've been gone too long!

CONGRATULATIONS !!

OMG HOW PRECIOUS!

And you still had the time for four whole projects just this month?

Amazing!

Karin said...

I am *amazed* by how much you are managing to achieve with a new born baby in the mix! 4 FOs! Member focus! Visits, sewing lessons, etc! Congrats on all the good things coming your way. And be sure to make time to look after yourself mom!

gwensews said...

That's a pretty top. I love the print, and black/white is such a great combination for year around.

Tanya said...

Congrats on the PatternReview shout-out, you deserve it. Great top. Nilah is just adorable.

Dei said...

Congratulations on being chosen! You have such a wealth of enthusiasm and glad to see you have an opportunity to share it. The tops looks fab and congrats to you nieces, even though everyone in my family is AKA. LOL.

Andrea said...

Love the top and little Miss Thing is looking too cute in her new quilt.

Congrats on being PR's Member in Focus. I just read it and it was really good.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Congrats on PR, and Nilah is precious! Your family sounds awesome.

Monica D said...

CONGRATS on PR! What a little darling little baby you have.

Hilary said...

Congrats on being chosen as a Member in Focus -- that's so exciting! Great top, too. And, seriously, you are looking amazing. You had a baby WHEN?? :)

HeathersSphere said...

You are looking so fab, you stylish mama! Congratulations on being PR's member in focus! Nilah is just growing so quickly before our very eyes and what a beauty!

Angela said...

OOO... great top... you look fabulous! Congrat on the member in focus... it was fun reading about you. :) Nilah is also A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!

Sue said...

Great top - what a satisfying sewing project!
Congrats again on being the member in focus on PR. I really enjoy reading your blog and following your projects - thanks for sharing with us!

toy said...

I saw the spotlight on PR, how cool is that. I am happy you had a great family visit.