KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:45 PM

I am alive and the baby’s kickin’!


Well, I’m alive and kicking. The baby is doing little flutters that don’t really feel like anything beyond gas, but that’s another story…..lol.

I have not been sewing, but have managed to get in a little knitting here and there. I am working on the Hooded Cardigan from the More Kisses! book by Sirdar Spinning Ltd. I am using the suggested yarn, Snuggly Kisses DK. I have 6 1/2 inches to go on the back. That’s pretty pathetic for a child’s cardigan, but that’s all I have folks.

In pregger news, I am 24 weeks along with 3 ½ month to go. I have already gained 20 pounds and have been told by my Midwife to slow things down if I am going to keep my weight gain at a total of 30 pounds. Mmmhhph! I can’t help it if this baby likes hot dogs! Seriously, I CAN’T. lol. What I can help, though is no more fast food lunches. Since my appointment on the 5th, I have managed to stop going out to eat. If the baby needs hot dogs, it is 100% all beef kosher dogs by Hebrew Nations. Ya’ll get the idea. I am making all of my meals at home, no matter how big that ends up being. This is a large improvement from Wienerschnitzel or McDonalds at least. In addition, I am walking for 30-40 minutes during my lunch time 4 days a week and also swimming laps at my pool one day on the weekends. With this new schedule, I have actually dropped a pants size while my belly keeps growing. Just what the Doctor ordered.

Speaking of food, my old roomie Brandi made me a delicious dinner on Saturday, homemade soup, beans, and patacones. She even packed me soup to go that I paired with my shrimp salad for lunch today. Mmmmmm. Thanks Brandi – this baby and my tummy in general appreciate the royal treatment.





I purchased a new dining room table a week or so ago, so my house is now complete (minus baby redesign in the near future). Here's a pic of how it looks.

20 comments:

brandilion said...

It's patacones.

And anytime. I love you and my little niecey.

Tanya said...

The dining room set is very nice and boy did you take me back, I use to crave the Wienerschnitzel's chili cheese hamburger's when I was pregnant with my daughter. Both my kids were born in California. Sounds like you're doing great with your pregnancy and you might as well learn now the baby gets what the baby wants lol.

gail said...

congrats! I didn't know you were preggers. you'll be joining the sisterhood of mamas:)

Faye Lewis said...

Congrats again!

Sheila said...

Glad to know all is going well and eat if you like... I enjoyed eating any and everything...lol. Lovely dining set and perfect shape for when the baby starts getting around.

Heather said...

How on earth did I miss that you're pregnant!! Wow, I'm sooo out of the loop! Congratulations!! Love your new table!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

I love the dining table. As your due date gets closer I would like to through you a cyber baby shower. What do you think?? Don't post that part yet. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag too soon.

Karin said...

Congratulations on your coming baby! If you are in the mood to sew for the little one, I would suggest Oliver + S patterns or Amy Butler's book "Little Stitches."

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Congrats on the baby! And the condo! And dropping a pants size - you sound very disciplined with your diet and exercise. (I ended up gaining 40 pounds with my first son if it makes you feel any better.)

Angela said...

Nice table! Hehe... glad to know things are well!

Jenny said...

Good job on the exercise! Right now, the baby has zapped my energy to do anything! That knit cardigan will be really cute!

amber said...

So happy to hear you and the babe are doing well. :) The place looks great!

Cas... said...

I can't wait to see your finished project. It looks really nice already.

Also your dining room table looks fabulous! Good job decorating.

I'm also very glad to hear your pregnancy is going well. I'm praying for you.

Be Encouraged!

Virginia J said...

Do you see how God works? New condo, new table, healthy pregnancy and a new pants size, who could ask for anything more? You look good,sitting on the floor playing with the cats, when I was pregnant I couldn't get up from the chair, let alone the floor.

Hilary said...

Haha...you're totally right, you can't help it if the baby wants hot dogs!! My mom recently told me a story about when she was pregnant with me. She remembers being at Bible Study and had just that morning helped herself to two HUGE bowls of ice cream with strawberries and a sea of chocolate syrup. She was telling the ladies in her group that she wanted SO BADLY to go back for a third, but was thankful that God had helped her practice self control. Lol! No wonder my brother and I were ginormous when we were born! Anyway, it sounds like you're doing great, and you dropped a pants size?? That's awesome!

Adrienne said...

Glad all is well! :)

Julie said...

wow, such an exciting time!! I bet knitting for your own little one must be so amazing. :)

Barbara said...

Congratulations, happy you and your baby are doing so well. Love your new place.

robin said...

Glad to hear everything is going so well! That is amazing that you lost a pants size even while pregnant!

Cennetta said...

Hi Lady,
Congratulations. It's such a gift to be able to bring new life into the world. God bless you and your new baby. The dining room table is beautiful. I love the deep rich color.