KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:23 PM

Hiatus



Hello. My name is Susan aka Knitters Despite....errrr I mean Delight. I am a bad blogger. Why have I forsaken my beloved blog? Well, work has been crazy in addition to a lot of other time consuming things going on in my life recently.



I will share one bit of news........drum roll please... I am in escrow and will be buying my FIRST PLACE! This has been a year in the making. California, San Diego more specifically, has some crazy real estate issues going on right now. With all of the short sales (a homeowner owes one or 2 banks on their mortgage for WAY MORE than the property is now worth or could ever be sold for now that prices have plummeted) I have put in more offers than I care to remember only to be rejected after months of waiting on each property. Well, I have been blessed. I found a traditional sale (well trustee sale, but close enough) that I put an offer on and it has been accepted. Funds have been transferred and I will be able to close as soon as the next few weeks! Of course that means I'm de-stashing, de-cluttering (or de-hoarding if I'm being honest) and organizing for my move. That also means I have not sewn or knit a thing in far too long. I plan on resuming my happy crafting lifestyle next month after I am in my new place.



Since my last post I have returned from a successful trade show in Vegas and a fabulous Fourth of July weekend with my roommie and friends all having a weekend of fun - from barbecues to IKEA shopping, to Demolition Derby and Fair Food! I hope you like the pics (a hodge podge mixture of Vegas and the Derby. lol).



Happy Crafting to everyone out there that has NOT allowed life to get in the way of creativity.

19 comments:

Tasia said...

Congratulations!! And welcome back, you can't spend your whole life in front of a sewing machine! (Or can you? Hmm...)

Lori said...

congratulations, how exciting.

Jenny said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on your new place, how exciting! We will forgive you for not posting as much:)

Faye Lewis said...

Congrats on your new home!

Heather said...

oh wow, Congratulations. I'll be here eager to see your new projects when you're back.

Amanda S. said...

How exciting! Congratulations on the new house!

Gail said...

congratulations on your new place! Where is it? We are in escrow for a house in escondido.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Although it sames trite...CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you. I remember when I bought my first home. It was so exciting especially since it meant I would be having a humongous(sp) craft space. I'm really missing that space right now but my husband has promised that my new space will be done by November. We'll see. Anyway I'll have to break open a bottle of wine and toast this new chapter in your life.

Julie said...

Congratulations!! that's so exciting, and no doubt it's been really draining when there is so much chaos out there in the real estate world.

Hilary said...

Congratulations!!! That is fantastic news! Good luck with the moving process, and I hope you can squeeze some crafty time in soon!

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

Congratulations. You've been missed. Does this mean there will be some home dec projects in the future?
Angela

L said...

I was beginning to wonder what happened to you! Congrats on the new house and space. There is something liberating about being able to paint the walls any colour you want and *not* have repaint it white when you move. =) Do post pictures when you're all settled!

Kathi said...

Congratulations on buying a home! I lived in Fallbrook almost 15 years ago - wow, could it truly have been that long ago? I always liked San Diego.

Sheila said...

Congratulations!!!!

KimT said...

congrats on the place!

Amy said...

Congratulations on the house! I think sewing may take a back seat for some time. Enjoy this exciting time!

amber said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! :)

RobinH said...

Congratulations! Wonderful news! And don't feel too bad if getting settled takes a bit longer than you think...everything always takes longer than you think it will.

And ooh, new house pics! That would be very cool. :)

robin said...

Congrats! I haven't let life get in the way of sewing/knitting, but I *have* let both get in the way of blogging. Just feeling more like doing stuff than talking about it lately for some reason! The mojo will return.