KNITTERS-DELIGHT



2:39 PM

FOs and Concerts



Last night I made a quick and easy project loosely based on the Vogue 1179 dress pattern. I was gabbing away with my Sister on the phone and failed to realize that I cut the back pattern piece twice. Wanting a comfy dress to wear to work for the next day, I just continued and made it work.



I like how big the cowl neck is and can even use it to go on my head like photographed below. The material is a t-shirt knit from Yardage Town. I think I had a little under 2 yards of it for about $7 bucks. It is so comfy to wear, it may become a night gown/house gown.



My roommie and I went to the Sia concert at the House of Blues on Monday. Despite the 21+ crowd, there was a lot of immature people attending.....or I am just becoming grumpier as I get older. Still, I am so glad I went with Brandi. She and I don't manage to get out of the house together too often, so I enjoy it whenever it happens. Sia had a lot of colorful and beautifully hideous crocheted items on stage including the banner pictured above.


Here we are at the start of the night.


She even announced that anyone with their knitting should come up on stage and sit and knit while she sang. Dang it! Brandi and I both assumed the needles would not be welcome in such a venue and therefore left ours at home!



I have plans to make this again tonight. This time I will cut the front piece, too! BTW, these shoes are the same as the black pair I have received so many compliments on. They are my $20 purchase (each pair) from Target.

15 comments:

Julie said...

such an awesome dress!! And I'm sooo jealous you saw Sia in concert- if I ever get a chance,I'll know to bring my knitting!

Lori said...

Great looking dress. Good luck on your second one.

Sheila said...

Chatting on the phone will definitely do that, but you used your creativity and it looks great.

Monica D said...

GREAT dress...I L*VE knits! I wouldn't known if you didn't say anything

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Cute dress! I'm jealous - you can make something the night before you wear it???

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Well I wouldn't have known that it was two backs if you hadn't shared! It is a great dress in a beautiful color!

Angela said...

I like it!! Great job!

quer|elastisch Sabine Sprotte said...

Love this dress.

Unfortunately I have to sleep at night (-:

Sabine

Julia said...

Again, you look awesome!!! I am so jealous of you!!! That brown cardigan looks perfect with the coral. I love the picture with the cowl used as a hood!! Great shoes.

Hilary said...

Seriously, how do you sew so fast?! I love this one (as usual)...it looks great dressed up, but seems like it would be a great lounge-around-the-house dress, too. And, dude. I have to have those shoes.

Eliana said...

Love the color and how this collar suits you! Really gorgeous!!!

velosews said...

Great dress.

Gail said...

Love it when people turn their mistakes into style statements.

juicyknits said...

The dress is amazing. Unbelievably awesome! Well done!!!

amber said...

You totally made it work as I would have had no idea there was a snafu without you mentioning it. Also, beautiful color on you.