KNITTERS-DELIGHT



1:38 PM

Family Fun and FOs - McCall's 6083



My Sister Pam came to visit me in San Diego this past weekend. We had a blast! Shopping, shopping, more shopping....eating, eating, and tons more eating! lol.




I managed to almost make her a dress - which I will finish and mail out to her this weekend. We got mani/pedis, bought hair products, had our eyebrows threaded, went to Bikram yoga....you name it, we done did it. lol.




I have heard about threading for years now, but never had the opportunity to try it out. While eating at an Indian restaurant at a local hot spot, I saw a flyer for it and immediately called to schedule an appointment for my Sis and I. Lovin' it. Kim gave me an incredible shape to my brows and I know I'll be a repeat customer since it last much longer than waxing (3 full weeks)!




Here's a full length view of my new jumper. Erica and Mimi both had gorgeous versions of this jumper so I had to try it out. I used an inexpensive $2.97/yard wearable muslin fabric from Yardage Town to try it out. The next version will be a charcoal gray knit.

22 comments:

Andrea said...

Love it!!! You look so nice and Springish. I purchased this pattern recently. I know I will be making my version up soon.

It looks and sounds like you and your sister were painting the town all sorts of colors. I've had my eyebrows threaded before. It's really cool and I like the after results, but it does feel weird while getting it done.

Faye Lewis said...

You look great as usual! Did the threading hurt?

gwensews said...

Terific jumpsuit. It looks great on you. The eyebrow thing looks ouchy!

Ambitious Sewer said...

The jumper looks awesome... I really love the color on you.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I have had that pattern on the brain for two weeks and finally this saturday is the McCalls 1.99 sale at JoAnn's!! I can't wait to come home and sew sew sew this puppy up and your versions makes me want to do it even more. Can't WAIT!

quer|elastisch Sabine Sprotte said...

Lovely jumper. I'm also doing one right now.

Sabine

Jada said...

I had the threading done about 2 weeks ago and love the shape she gave me.

Love love the jumpsuit!

Cas... said...

I like the jumper too when Erica made it. I went out and bought the pattern. I have yet to make it though. But I will!

You always seem to have a great time with your family. It's a blessing.

Keep up the sewing! You're doing a fabulous job.

Lesalicious said...

Love the jumper. You have done yet another great job on your outfit. Cute and loving the fabric.:)

Lynneb said...

I like the jumpsuit. Very cute. And, just so you know, I'd love to be yours and Pam's adopted sister. I love to eat, shop and laugh, and I'm really not much trouble at all!

Hilary said...

I'm not usually one for jumpsuits, but something about the pink color, the wrap front, the wide obi belt and the shoes makes me LOVE this look. I think the word I'm looking for here is FIERCE.

Eliana said...

As always, you looks so fab with your work!!! I love your pink jumpsuit!!!!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

You are ROCKING the jumper, but what the heck is eyebrow threading? Do they thread that through your SKIN? Yikes!

Eugenia said...

Wow!! I love that jumpsuit you look so fabulous in it. Your styling is spot on - the shades, the belt, the sandals all work perfectly.

Julie said...

You always look SO gorgeous!! I love that jumpsuit, it's so hot.

Lisa H. said...

That jumpsuit is awesome.I love the belt you've added.
Threading is the best. I like it too.

michal said...

so gorgeous! I love the way you dress!

cici said...

You look great.Your sister and you look alike.

Robin said...

Great new outfit! I like the picture of you and your sister. I never tried threading as waxing works pretty well for me, but maybe I will try someday.

Teresa said...

That jumper is so cool! I love it. You look so stylish.

Cennetta said...

Two snaps up on the snazzy jumpsuit.

amber said...

Sounds like you and your sister had a blast! I'm all about shopping and eating. ;)