KNITTERS-DELIGHT



2:36 PM

Random Ramblings & FO Butterick 5202



Hello everyone. My name is Susan and I am currently tired! Seriously, all the fun I had with my Sister has made me a granny-aged acting somebody. Very little sewing, knitting, or activity since. I did manage to finish the final touches to complete my Sister's dress. It is using her Butterick 5202 pattern in a size 8. I will mail it off to her today, so hopefully I'll have a pic of her in it soon.

I guess I have the family blues....I miss her and hope I will be able to make it to Vermont next month for a long weekend so I can see my parents, nieces, nephews, brother, and sister-in-law for a catch-up session.




Speaking of nieces, this is a picture of Kim wearing the prom dress I made for her last year. She just finished her first year at Rowan college. lol. Better late than never on the pics, right? lol

For future sewing projects, I already have the pattern and fabric cut out for Butterick 5454 dress, Burda 7866 top, and Vogue 1161 dress. I also have the pattern pieces cut out for Simplicity 2443 jacket. I plan to sew the Butterick dress tonight and then keep the others on hold so I can start my sister-in-laws second dress. So much to do, so much laziness stopping me.....that reminds me, I have been laying on my couch knitting the sleeve of the Favorite Cardigan by Wendy Bernard....very lazily though. I'll keep y'all posted.

12 comments:

Tasia said...

Gorgeous colour on the prom dress! Yay for Vogue 1161, I made it and totally recommend it. Just if you're at all tall, consider lengthening it, as I found it a bit short :)

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

I'm with ya on missin' a sister. Your sister's dress looks gorgeous - that fabric is cool. Can't wait to see it on.

Julie said...

your sister's dress and your niece's dress are fantastic!! Your niece looks so gorgeous and glam in her prom dress- lucky girl to have an aunt like you!!

Amanda S. said...

LOVE love the green and white print dress!!! I wish I could get my hands on some of that fabric. That shade is one of my favorites. What a sweet sister you are to make her dresses!

quer|elastisch Sabine Sprotte said...

The green one - for your sister - is gorgeous. The other one too, but I wouldn't wear it (-:

Sabine

gwensews said...

The green dress is stunning! Love the way the print trails down the front skirt. Very nice.

Amy said...

Wow, what a stunning dress! Where did you get that fabric? So nice that you sew for your sister, I've done it once but have been stuck in selfish mode and maybe one of these will get back to making for others. Enjoy the down time you've been cranking out the clothes, I'm envious.

Hilary said...

That prom dress turned out fantastic and your niece looks gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing the modeled pic!

Opal said...

Both pieces are gorgeous.. I especially love the green one. The color is stunning..

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

What an awesome print that you used for the dress! It really elevates a simple design to something of beauty!

Eliana said...

Oh,I loved this floral dress!!! Your sister is very lucky and you so talented!

amber said...

Both dresses are so pretty!

Sometimes you just need to be lazy. Enjoy the rest!