KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:30 PM

Easter Weekend and FOs to Boot!



I had a really nice Easter weekend. My roommie and I had friends come over to play board games on Saturday evening, which ended up going on until the wee hours of the night/am.

Knowing how important a Church family is to me, my atheistroommie offered to go with me to Easter service. I do love my roommie. After a great service, we grabbed ingredients for a yummy bone-in rib eye/veggie dinner and then headed to the movies to see "How to Train a Dragon".



With all that activity and fun, I still managed to make another dress FO. I really like how my dress turned out, especially the back detailing. I used Butterick 5456. It is a Fast & Easy pattern, but actually took me parts of the entire weekend to complete. This is mainly because of my lack of experience underlining. Now that I feel more confident in that area, it will help me for my next project (Vogue 1161).



I made a size 10 using fabric from Yardage Town (black knit) and Joann Fabric's (red and black knit). I still have leftover fabric from both, which I might use to make a quick and cute shell top.

Thanks for all of the compliments on my last dress btw. I almost wore it for my Easter dress, but decided on my Burda dress that I made for my friends Florida wedding. To answer the "no zipper" question - yes I am able to squeeze tight garments over my large chest without the need for zippers. Yes I have to do a little maneuvering, but really it's a piece 'o cake. Since I have very narrow hips, I only have to worry about adding zippers if it can't go over my head. This is rarely a real problem. So - yup, no zipper on half of my woven projects as well as any of my knits. lol

19 comments:

brandilion said...

Your Roomie loves you more!

cidell said...

Great roommates are a godsend. Seriously. Super cute dress!

amber said...

Love this dress! I have this pattern in my stash and can't wait to make it up for summer. I'm thrilled you made it first, though, so I know it's a good one. :)

Unknown said...

Great dress. Great roommate. Great shoes. (I just ordered the same ones this weekend, my store was out of my size!)

Faye Lewis said...

Love your Butterick dress. It's on my list of dresses for the summer too. Just got to find the right fabric.

Victoria said...

Great spin on this pattern. I love that fabric. I used it to make a top a couple of months ago. It looks great in this dress!

Ambitious Sewer said...

The dress is very beautiful. I don't know how you are able to produce such beautiful dresses at such a short time but damn your good.

narcissaqtpie said...

Cute dress! But I am seriously gawking @ the shoes. What/where are they?

Phoebe said...

This looks super!

Hilary said...

Another extremely cute dress! And Happy Easter! That is so awesome that your roomie went to church with you.

Angela said...

Cute dress! The Burda dress was the perfect Easter dress and what a fantastic roomie! How was how to train a dragon?

Jenny said...

Very cute dress- love the back. I really like how you styled the whole look- with your shoes and your hair.

Jada said...

Very cute dress love the back!

Heather said...

you did a great job.

Eliana said...

You have a great combination here: dress and shoes!!! I love both, tot!!!

Julia said...

How many ways are there to say, "You look great"? I think I've said them all to you. But, it's true.
I think it is awesome that your atheist roomie went to church with you and that you love her even though the two of you have such different views. Wouldn't it be great if everyone in the world could be so accepting of everyone else's views on things?

Robin said...

Love this dress, and the last one that I missed previously. This one is really great though - I have this pattern on my to-make list also!

Monique said...

Hey how was that movie?
Another great dress on you Susan!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

The dress is fabulous on you! I was wondering if the pattern would be too loose but you've dispelled that concern. I may have to purchase this pattern now.