KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:34 PM

Retro Part Deux - FO Vogue 8382



This is my fifth dress that I have worked on in a row and the fourth successful FO. I am suppose to be making jeans, capris, and tops for the Mini-Wardrobe contest, but I am just feeling the dress making these days! At this rate, I'll just have to enter all dresses instead of separates, since it's allowed.



I made the dress using Vogue 8382. This has had mixed reviews on PR. In fact, most reviews were not very favorable due to the low neckline and tightness. Taking this into consideration, I omitted the slit that is in the v-neck and then made a 3" FBA. I I also ended up not needing a zipper (which makes no sense with such a fitted dress in a woven material with NO stretch).



This fabric was in my stash. I believe it was in the remnants table at Yardage Town for a couple of bucks. It feels like faille to me, but I'm not 100% positive. I keep stating how pleats and darts are flattering to my body shape, but I mean - seriously, they really are.

While I have a Burda pattern for tunic already cut out to sew, I have a feeling I will work on another dress this evening. We'll see.....

26 comments:

Me! said...

Very pretty!

Cas... said...

That dress is very flattering to your shape. You did a terrific job.

If you've got the dress mojo I say ride it!

Keep up the good work.

Heather said...

love that dress. Fantastic fabric as well.

Victoria said...

Love it! Your fabric choices are always so great!!!

Faye Lewis said...

That's very cute. Love the print.

Jackie O. Stitches said...

Good job and fabric choice!!

Sheila said...

Gorgeous and so vintagy... love it.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Beautiful dress - no zipper in a fabric with no stretch???

Monique said...

Beautiful dress. I agree it does have a vintage feel. Dresses are so feminine and romantic. Can't find enough of them in the stores. Looks great on you also. Shoes deserve an honorable mention also. ;-)

Karin said...

Gorgeous! The fabric is great and the shape of the dress really suits you.

Aminat said...

Cute cute cute, I love the print great dress

gwensews said...

Very pretty. Feminine. I love the blue print fabric.

Mariela Alethia said...

Dresses always make you look and feel pretty. Your floral dress is so prettyyyyy

Eliana said...

OMG, I love your dress Susan!!! This floral fabric looks so adorable on you! It matches so well with this jacket :))

Rima said...

That is a stunner. I mean, if you can make stuff like that, why even walk into a store. Ever.

Mikhaela Reid said...

You look amazing, but HOW IS THERE NO ZIPPER? Did you circumvent the laws of physics? Can we see a back view? Is there some magic hidden elastic somewhere? I am so confused!

Julie said...

wow, it's gorgeous!! you look so pretty in it. That blue is great!

Hilary said...

Absolutely adorable. I love the shape of the dress and the extremely cute fabric. And flattering - YES!! Dude, you are amazing!

Opal said...

I like your dress. It looks very pretty on you...

Angela said...

Great dress! Love the floral print!

Anonymous said...

I really love that dress, great fit, cute fabric, you look fabulous in it!

Anonymous said...

Have I told you that you are gorgeous? The fabric is beautiful, the fit is beautiful, and it looks wonderful on you. But seriously. How on earth are you getting into that without a zipper???

Anonymous said...

Have I told you that you are gorgeous? The fabric is beautiful, the fit is beautiful, and it looks wonderful on you. But seriously. How on earth are you getting into that without a zipper???

Andrea said...

Girl,

You are working that dress. I love the fabric. You did a great job as usual.

Rachel said...

absolutely a winner! just found your blog and love it :)

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

You have chosen just the right fabric to make this dress sing! It is lovely on you!!!