KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:53 PM

FO - McCall's 5845 & Sunshine Award



I finished another darted dress. This one was made using McCall's 5848 pattern. It is has extended shoulders, outside darts, a low-cut back, and side zipper. I made a straight size 12 and then did a 1" FBA using Nancy Zieman's dart increase method out of her Pattern Fitting book. I also omitted the lining and back slit for this dress and just finished the neckline with 2" binding cut from my left-over fabric.



This is the same stretch sateen fabric I used for my BWOF pleated skirt, which is now too large to fit. I am glad to have this awesome fabric back in my wardrobe! The pattern only calls for 1 1/2 yards, so this was a very inexpensive dress to make, especially with Yardage Town fabrics being so reasonable.



I had a great weekend overall. My roommie and I went to a friend's house for a fabulous dinner followed by board games. I am really working on getting out of the house more, so I am happy to report that this is the 5 or 6th week in the row that I have added outside fun to my routine. (I know....only 35 and already having to push herself out of the house....lol). Brandilion aka roommie is also getting me out tomorrow for a concert in La Jolla. This girl has skills well beyond knitting and spinning, she can mot-i-vate! lol.



I received a sunshine award yesterday from Lynn. I really appreciate this since blogs give me as much sunshine as sunny San Diego. Cheesy - yes? But also very true. Instead of listing bloggers, I will simply say that you all are fabulous and my extremely long blog roll proves it! lol.



I'm bringing sexy back....I have a sexy back. humming to myself. (I'm a dork...never claimed otherwise....)

21 comments:

Lori said...

Fantastic dress. Great job.

Amanda S. said...

Super cute! I love the fabric and how you've styled it with tall boots. Great dress!

Cennetta said...

Great dress, great fabric.

Faye Lewis said...

That dress is fab! I so wish I could get to Yardage Town.

AllisonC said...

Fantastic dress - the back is a great surprise design element!

gwensews said...

Very pretty dress. It looks grat on you.

Aminat said...

Fabulous.....

Angela said...

You look fabulous!

Michele said...

Fantastic dress!

mle said...

This is my new favorite dress you've made! It looks gorgeous on you! well done!

Mikhaela Reid said...

Oh I love it--fabulous fabric and fit! It looks lovely.

Julie said...

Gorgeous Dress! I love the scoop in the back. You look amazing!!!

Hilary said...

Totally fab, as usual! That black and white fabric is awesome, and the dress fits you perfectly!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Great dress! Fabulous boots!

Carol said...

I love sateen, in fact, it's probably my favourite fabric. I really like this print and the dress does look lovely on you. I love the shape of the back, it's quite sexy. For some reason, I think this dress would like great with apple green accessories.

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

Definitely bringing sexy back! You look good.
Angela

HeathersSphere said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Susan! This is one of my favorite dresses on you!

Kathi said...

H.O.T.

The Knitwit Hues said...

Haven't seen (or heard of) a side zip dress in EONS! So cute, and you look gorgeous as usual!

Hey! It's GOOD to be a dork! Be a PROUD DORK! LOL xoxo

amber said...

Great dress and one that can easily move between seasons with a change of shoes and accessories. :)

Virtuous said...

I am luvin the print and the cut!! GREAT job woman!