KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:57 PM

Retro-Luscious - FO Vogue 1156



I have been working on this dress for a while now. It is not a difficult project, but a bit time consuming for me - with all of the pleats and topstitching. I am very happy with the final product and will be doing a full review on Pattern Review to cover the specifics.



I feel very retro-luscious in the green stretch suede material from my stash.I believe the fabric was purchased in LA at the FIDM scholarship store for $1/yard. Score!

I also have started a skirt this weekend, but am having a wee bit of trouble with the heavy elastic for the waistband. I am putting it aside until I decide what I want to do....I also set aside my Burda dress. I just want to be happy and excited about my sewing projects, so I'm letting go of the pressure to just finish, especially if I won't end up wearing it in the end.



What will be on my machine next then.....well I have already ordered 2 types of stretch denim for the sew along Dawn is thinking about putting together on PR. I received a gift certificate to Fabric.com for Christmas, so it was a great to use it to splurge on 2 colors and thickness variations. I received an email from PR saying my Jalie pattern has been shipped. Nice!

Tonight I will either cut a pattern for capris or another dress....we'll see.

29 comments:

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

Wow! You look great! The dress looks good to. LOL
Angela

Hilary said...

Oh my gosh, fabulous!! Love the color, love the brooch, LOVE YOUR HAIR!

Sheila said...

You look very retro fabulous... luv the color on you.

Faye Lewis said...

Your dress is wonderful! Love the color.

Victoria said...

This dress is sooooo lovely on you. Girl, you are working it:)

Amanda S. said...

LOVE it! You wear that color well and the flippy 'do is adding to the retro vibe. Great job!

Andrea said...

You did a really nice job!!That dress looks fabulous on you.

I doing the sew-a-long too for the jeans. I'm in the process of ordering my rivets and jean button. I got 2 different types of denim yesterday at Jomars. One is a lighter weight than the other. We'll see how it goes.

KID, MD said...

Looks awesome and I love your hair!!

Jenny said...

This style and color looks great on you! It is very flattering!

I ordered my denim from Fabric.com... should be here on Wednesday. Plus I got my rivets and jean buttons from ebay.

Julie said...

Gorgeous!! It's so very Mad Men. You look beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

So chic and sexy! You are owning that color. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Love the dress. It's very flattering on you, both fit and color. Great job again!

gwensews said...

Love that green dress. It looks fabulous on you.

Carol said...

This is stunning on you! The colour is perfect for you, the style is super sexy and really well made. I love it.

Monique said...

The dress looks great on you! Green, green, green! I'm seeing green everywhere! LOL! I just posted about green on my blog. Coincidence? I think not! ;-)

Pam said...

I love the Mad Men quality of this dress - Great fit "Joan Hollaway."

marisa said...

You look fantastic!!

Cennetta said...

You look fantastic! The topstitching and pleats were worth it.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

The fit on this dress is AWESOME! You look amazing in it!

Julia said...

Honey, (I don't usually call people Honey, but in that dress, wow!) you look fantastic in that dress. I love the style and the color!

Alviana said...

fabulous sexy dress! u look great and it is absolutely perfect on u. awesome job!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

You seriously need to be in a magazine, or on the cover - beautiful! Let us hear about your denim - I got the polyester mix and the non-polyester, but they feel the same...

Eliana said...

Amazing!!! You're so talented with your choices! I love everything you do :)

Lynneb said...

Oh, it's SO fabulous! I love the look of it...it's so girly!

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

The color and cut are wonderful!

L said...

Fabulous dress! I love the colour and the fit is amazing.

I am so happy to read that you, too, want to enjoy sewing and have no qualms about setting projects aside. I was working on a vest at full-steam and got completely derailed after attaching the collar. Something just isn't right with it, so there it sits. I have moved on to another project and have my excitement back on track.

Thanks for posting!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

I passed on an award to your blog if you'd like to pick it up - love the sexy poses!

The Knitwit Hues said...

LOVE the new do! You look like the so-pretty, sexy and demure ladies in flicks from the 40's and 50's.

Miranne said...

What a creation - it looks stunning on you. But then, I suspect lots of dresses would :o)