KNITTERS-DELIGHT



2:37 PM

Twirl 2.0 - FO Burda 103A



I have completed another piece from Bruda's latest issue, skirt 103A. Instead of the 2-layers of voile I used a cotton blend that is light enough for movement, but didn't need to be lined. This save me from getting the 6 1/2 yards called for in the directions! I purchased 3 1/4 yards at Yardage Town in this Caribbean ocean color. I love pockets, but have to admit that they are a bit low for real use on this one. I could have raised it 3/4 of an inch for the perfect pocket location. Not a huge downer or anything, since I still have my pockets. lol.



This skirt color is not the easiest to coordinate, so I'll be needing to make sure I have a simple white tee and sweater (similar to the Burda cover shot) to make this function double duty on my cruise.



Other than that, I have no concrete plans for my next project. It really should be the Simplicity Jacket or a top, but I just don't know. You'll just have to stay tuned in to find out I guess. lol.

The Title said Twirl, didn't it?

13 comments:

brandilion said...

I love love love your cute little smile in the last picture. Cutie patootie.

Angela said...

LOVE it! The color is gorgeous and the twirl factor is awesome!

Adrienne said...

I LOVE that color!!! So pretty!

Sharon Sews said...

It's wonderful! So fun and flirty. Absolutely love that color!

Jackie O. Stitches said...

Another great piece, you sew fast!!

marisa said...

Oh my gosh - so fun!! And I love the color you chose. I may have to add this pattern to my sewing-queue.

gwensews said...

That is definitely a cute, swirly, girly skirt!

julia said...

You are going to be the "grandest lady in the cruise "parade"!!!

Hilary said...

So twirly! I love it!

Alviana said...

what a fabulous skirt. gorgeous color. u look beautiful :)

Jennifer said...

so lovely to meet you!!!!!!

amber said...

If that doesn't scream tropical vacation, I don't know what does. Beautiful!! And it twirls!!!

Rima said...

What a fantastic skirt! Twirl, twirl. Reminds me of Meg Ryan in You Got Mail.