KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:30 PM

Knitting Projects



So I am admittedly a stalker. I love Julie's Knitted Bliss Blog. In her last blog post here I became envious enough that I used the remainder of my lunch break to try to drive to Neeldecraft Cottage in Pacific Beach to pick up yarn for the Knit 1 Capelet. I have a tendency to copy her these days, from her Etsy shirt find to this Capelet. Back tracking a bit, I should say that I bought this pattern after her original post discussing the Knit 1 Chicago shop closing....they had a raffle for those purchasing patterns and I zoomed over to their site and snagged the same one she purchased...of course. How very stalker-like of me.

Of course, stalking paid off, because I am one of the winners of the giveaway! I will be receiving a $500 prize pack of yarn yumminess sometime this week! Score one for me. So what does a girl do when she is about to recieve a pick yarn package, she goes off to the store and buys some before it arrives. lol.

Since I have a lot of plans to sew items for my cruise, I hope that I will get in knitting time on my hour lunch breaks, so I can whip this one up.

If you may have noticed in the photo, I also picked up another skein of yarn to try to make Anemoon again. Too much movie and wine watching has caused me to make mistakes on the hat which is fine, except that Malabrigo pills if ripped back too many times. I think it has to do with being a single ply yarn. This yarn is Cascade 220, so I will hopefully be fine with my third attempt to make this pattern. lol.

6 comments:

Eliana said...

Wow, lucky girl you! I think that great projects will come soon of them.

Tanya said...

I blame you because now I'm stalking her too lol. Congrats on the win, can't wait to see what you get.

Julie said...

You were one of the winners?! You lucky cupcake!!! And you find reasonably priced size 19 needles!! (I could only find addi turbos, and I wasn't going to pay addi prices for needles I probably won't use that often). Feel free to stalk, I love your blog too. :)

You're going to love the caplet. But definitely do the super stretchy bind off- I had to undo my original cast off, because it wasn't stretchy enough. Can't wait to see it!!

Hilary said...

I love Julie's blog, too! She has a way with her knits...I find myself always wanting to make what she's just posted about, too! I can't wait to see your new capelet and Anemoon. I also can't wait to see what you get in your yarny prize! That's so awesome that you won.

amber said...

Winning contests is the best!! Congrats. :)

Teresa said...

I totally hear you on that! I love her blog (and yours too!)