KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:42 PM

Goodbye Winter....Hello Dress 125



I finished this quick and easy dress last night. It is a really fast project with nice and sexy results. I am always surprised with my BWOF projects coming out so fast and successful. I think they just seem like they should be hard. Of course, I have trouble with Simplicity patterns - even the easy ones that everyone else deem idiot proof; so maybe my brain just works differently. Either way, I really like how this turned out. This is another dress for my Caribbean Cruise, although the Burda pattern is from the Fifties Flair section, instead of the Cruise Collection. Whatever works, right? lol. The pattern is from this months Burda magazine (2-2010-125). I am so glad I took my office workers' advice and made this first. I made it out of a a stretch cotton that I picked up at Yardage Town. Because it had enough stretch, I ended up omitting the zipper altogether. Score! I really love how nice and easy it was, especially since I have a lot to make with only 2 1/2 weeks to make everything.



I was expecting the back to come out a little bit lower, but it is still nice and sexy. lol. I might make another version of this is a different material for night time wear and lower the back a bit more, by elongating the bodice. With that being said, I bought 14 Vogue patterns while they were on sale and have already traced the Burda magazine skirt that is on the cover. I really need to just hunker down and crank more projects out before doing a second version of this dress.

27 comments:

Andrea said...

Sexy Lady, on the floor!! Goooo Girl!! You look fabulous!!! I love the print of that fabric.

Opal said...

Very pretty, it fits you perfect. Love the fabric. You did a great job.

Unknown said...

Fabulous dress!!! You will turn heads in that one!

Anonymous said...

Hello indeed! It's smashing. I've been admiring that pattern and you've done a great job with it. Va va voom.

robin said...

Love it! I really like that one.

Victoria said...

This dress is toooo cute!!! The fabric and style just go hand in and hand and look great on you. You're going to look fabulous on your cruise.

Amanda S. said...

Super sexy. I passed by this design because I thought the front darts looked strange. But now I see with a busy print the result is very pretty.

Hilary said...

Sexayy!! The print and cut are great on you. Seriously, how do you make such perfect garments?!

Faye Lewis said...

Great dress, print and fit.

gwensews said...

Your dress is perfect for an exotic, tropical paradise! Very pretty.

Sheila said...

Awesome print for a perfect dress.

Omega said...

Wow, your dress is beautiul & you look sexy & gorgeous. You look ready for Spring!

Karin said...

Great dress! Perfect for a warm and balmy cruise.

Kim said...

Gorgeous! That dress looks fantastic on you. I agree with you on the Burda patterns. I have more trouble with the Big 4, particularly Simplicity. I am soooo making this dress!

Audrey said...

Fantistic dress!. It looks gorgeous on you. Just the thing to wear on a cruise! have a boatload of fun!

Julia said...

Another gorgeous and sexy dress!

Jenny said...

Love it! Great fabric choice. This style is very flattering on you. Can't wait to make my own. Have fun on your cruise!!

Angela said...

How perfect! You look great! Good luck with all your other projects... you can do it!

sarah said...

krissy sent me to your blog a few weeks ago, so ive been looking at your pattern choices (i love to sew) and i really like the print on this dress! bright! :) and the secret power of avoiding back zippers when they arent always necessary. i just did that a couple days ago on a new dress. :) new look 6040.

Jackie said...

Both dresses are so pretty! You have a great time on the cruise.

Aminat said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous!! Gorgeous!!!

Gail said...

You really know how to show off your curves.

Adrienne said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon Sews said...

Wow!

Kathi said...

Va va voom -- this dress is perfect! The fabric is amazing - I love the coloring in it. It fits you so well also. Tremendous job on it!!

amber said...

That is one sexy little number. :)

The Knitwit Hues said...

I always love everything you make, but this is a total SHOW STOPPER! WHEW! Love it, and an evening version will have to be amazing. The colors are gorgeous too. You're gonna totally rock that cruise!