KNITTERS-DELIGHT



10:02 AM

FO - New Look 6799 Party Dress



I made a party dress for my upcoming cruise using New Look 6799. This is 100% Dupioni silk in a gorgeous teal/turquoise blue. The color doesn't show too well on my monitor, but really is a brilliant color. I made version B, which is the full skirt version of the dress. I cut a size 12, which feels very snug right now, but should be great by the time I go on the cruise the last week of this month.

Cruise details: I leave San Diego on the 19th and fly to Fort Lauderdale Florida, where I'll meet my family and a few friends and head aboard the cruise ship the next day. Since I've never been on a cruise before, I splurged with a single room and an ocean view with balcony. I am sooooo excited. It is an 8 day/7 night cruise going to Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, British Virgin Islands, and the Bahamas.




Back to my party dress....lol. It should work well for the fancy dinners that my family members keep talking about. It has a bit of an Audrey Hepburn feel to the style of dress, which I really like. The neckline is an element of the dress that really appealed to me.

Next up....I have already cut out the 50s Burda dress and completed all of the darts on the front and facings. I just have to sew the back together and add the zipper, so this should be finished and photographed by Wednesday at the latest!



In other news, I had an amazing evening with my roomie last night. We went to a music/art jam that was held at Cafe India in Point Loma. We enjoyed free appetizers, sangria, and even got to chat with the artist! Thanks for dragging my butt out of the house Brandi. You know deep down this tough chick is just a softy afraid to branch out. You rock!

27 comments:

Jenny said...

Great dress! Love the bright, bold color. I can't wait to see the Burda dress- I loved that one the first time I saw it. Hope it turns out well for you!

Erica Bunker said...

What a pretty dress! I love the color and the shoes are TDF!

Sheila said...

That color looks great on you.

Angela said...

Great dress! Those shoes are really awesome! You're going to have so much fun on the cruise especially with your outfits!

Robin said...

Love your dress - great color for you, and your hair looks nice too. You will LOVE the balcony cabin. You will never be able to cruise any other way once you've done that.

mle said...

OMG! that dress is gorgeous on you!!!

Victoria said...

Lady you are wearing that dress!!! That style and color is so gorgeous on you. Have so much fun on your cruise!!!

Andrea said...

Your dress is to die for and that is an amazing color on you. You will have such a great time on the cruise. I know I did. My husband and I cruise for the first time on our honeymoon and loved it.

I can't wait to see the 50s dress from this month's Burda. It's on my list too.

Tanya said...

Really cute, love the color and style, you look great but I think I'm finding all the weight that you're losing lol.

Sewingadicta said...

Beautiful dress. The color is beautiful in you, enjoy the cruise!

gwensews said...

That will be a smashing cruise dress. Have a great time!

Faye Lewis said...

No doubt, you WILL be the bell of the ball on the cruise.

meli88a said...

What a sweet, sweet dress. Love the color and the neckline on this one!

Adrienne said...

Gorgeous!!! You looks SUPERB!! I LOVE YOUR SHOES!!!

Pam said...

Wow! That dress is stunning on you - fantastic job!!!
What a figure!

Aminat said...

Gorgeous....love the shoes too.. Total package...lol

Michele said...

What a fabulous dress! It looks amazing on you!

marisa said...

Your party dress looks fantastic! Can't wait to see your Burda 50s dress.

Ambitious Sewer said...

The dress looks amazing...the color is very bold!!!! I love it!

Karin said...

What a beautiful dress. I just found your blog and am looking at all your old posts. Boy, you can sew! What gorgeous clothes and what a great fit.

I can't wait to see your Burda 1950s dress.

Ann Brodsky said...

Wow! You look amazing in that dress. Perfect color and fit. Enjoy your vacation!

julia said...

All the other ladies on your cruise are going to be sooooooo jealous!!

Hilary said...

Your projects keep getting cuter and cuter! I am so in love with this dress. You are going to be the best dressed lady on that cruise!

Julie said...

what an amazing dress!! You look beautiful.

amber said...

What a gorgeous color! You're going to have such a great time on your cruise with that fun new wardrobe to play in. :)

Opal said...

Beautiful dress and the sandals are hot!!!

Omega said...

Pretty dress, love the color. Your shoes are adorable.