KNITTERS-DELIGHT



1:15 PM

FO Pleated Skirt - McCall 5523



Here is my first FO of the year. A pin-striped skirt with pleats in the back. I first saw this skirt on Amanda's blog and added it to my pattern wish list. I really love how it turned out. The fabric has very faint pin stripes with a nice texture to the gray fabric. This was from my fabric stash (purchased from Yardage Town). I made a straight size 12, but could have probably graded down to a size 10, keep only the waist at 12.



I really like how this looks. Perfect for work attire, while still being comfy. Next up is Butterick 4132, which I have already cut out the fabric for. I was hoping to wear it to work today, but didn't get it on the cutting board until 9:00 pm last night. Instead of screwing it up, I left it for tonight's project.

Here's to hoping that I wear it tomorrow......

25 comments:

Angela said...

Cute skirt~!

gwensews said...

I love the back interest in your skirt. Very nice.

Faye Lewis said...

B-A-D!

Lynne said...

Great skirt. I saw Amanda's too and I have had one cut out for two months! I need to get that sucker put together. It looks really nice on you, SUsan

mle said...

That is gorgeous!

Aminat said...

You rock...... I am getting this pattern.....

Tanya said...

Very sassy skirt, it looks great on you, love the pleats.

Sew Shy said...

Very cute! I have this pattern too, but just sew too slowly to have gotten round to it.

Adrienne said...

Very cute skirt!

Gail said...

I love the way the pleating makes a pencil skirt 'walkable'. I made a similar one in black from a Vogue pattern and I walk it to death.

NuJoi said...

I love it with the boots.

Anonymous said...

The pleats in the back really make it WORK. Great skirt.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

You know that skirt is bangin'

Hilary said...

Oh, I've been looking for a skirt pattern like that for forever! I LOVE the pleats in the back. Yours is awesome, and thank you for pointing me towards the pattern!

Julie said...

Gorgeous!! It's an instant wardrobe classic. What a perfect skirt!

robin said...

Very nice, and I like the outfit!

Andrea said...

Work it, Own it!! =)

Unknown said...

Very good job on the detailing!

amber said...

I really like that! The pleats add a really fun kick to the skirt. Great styling, too.

L said...

Great skirt. This one is definitely in queue! Love the top, too. Congrats on your second PR star!

L

Opal said...

One of my favorite skirt pattern.. Yours look lovely and you did a great job...

deezknitz said...

Excellent job! Really cute skirt plus the boots are hot.

Kathi said...

I love it!!!!!!!!

Sheila said...

Lovely skirt and really like the pleating detail.

Faye Lewis said...

You've been a little blog quiet the last few days. I know that you are going to bust out with something outstanding anytime now....