KNITTERS-DELIGHT



2:19 PM

FO - New Look 6823 Knit Dress



Hello everyone. Sorry if I have seemed MIA. This year, I have been trying to slow down on my obsessive sewing. lol. That said, I have traced, cut out fabric for, and placed patterns next to my "next project", which is now like 40 things. lol. Yes...that was an exaggeration, but you get the picture.



Well, I have had New Look 6823 in my pattern stash for over a year and never managed to make it. I decided I wanted a dress this weekend, so I dug out the pattern and voila. I started on Saturday and would have even finished if I had not run out of black thread. Sunday comes along and I run along to Joann's for that black thread.... and 13 Simplicity patterns and 2 sewing organizers. Well, I was already at Joann's on Friday for 12 Butterick patterns, so I guess the thread was a great excuse. I say excuse, because when I returned home and organized all of my notions, I had black thread....of course....lol.



Anywho, here's my latest project. I really like the comfort and swing of this dress. My roommie and co-worker both think this is reminiscent of my twist-top Butterick dress for fabric choice, but it's different enough for me. lol. Check out my roommie's blog to see her latest passion, spinning. Yes, our condo is nothing shy of a crazy sweat shop. We both have yarn for knitting, her roving, spindles, and my fabric....oh, yeah - both of us have sewing machines and I have 2 sergers. Insane, right??!!!! That's why we are such a great pair!

Can you tell I haven't blogged in over a week? I'm just rambling away. That said. I do like my new dress with the back darts and lapel neckline. It's comfy, work appropriate, and still gives a touch of sexiness.

27 comments:

Victoria said...

Yeah I noticed it's been a little while since I'd seen a new project from you. As usual you never disappoint! This dress is so lovely on you! I love your choice of fabric.

Home's Jewels said...

Love.this.dress on you!

Angela said...

Cute dress!

Kathi said...

I really like that! This is another one of those items when I like everything about it - the style, the fabric, everything!

Opal said...

Love your dress... You did a great job....

Tanya said...

Very cute dress and it looks like your diet is working you look very slim and trim.

gwensews said...

Terrific dress! It looks very nice on you. Good job!

Julie said...

wow, it's such a chic dress!

Dei said...

LOL. So understand the pattern thing. Great dress, suits you well.

Faye Lewis said...

Wonderful look and fit.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great dress, great pictures. You look gorgeous in it.

Amanda S. said...

Very pretty! I just love knit dresses!

L said...

Another winner, Susan! Great fit and fabulous knit. I have to try a knit dress now!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Your dress is really pretty but I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with being obsessed with sewing?! :)

Adrienne said...

Cute!

Julia said...

If that dress would do for me what it does for you I'd make it in a heartbeat! However, I guess you've gotta already have that super body for it to look that way, right?

Hilary said...

Awesome dress. Seriously, it looks professional! LOVE those tights and boots with it, too! Your styling is always so great.

amber said...

Really pretty dress!

Anonymous said...

Nah, don't slow down. The "sweat shop" (LOL) is producing great results. The dress looks fab on you!

Jackie said...

You look very pretty in your new dress!

robin said...

This dress is gorgeous on you!!! I tried this pattern and did not like it on me at all. It made me look like a flat rectangle with no curves. I'm glad it worked for you though!

Lynne said...

GREAT dress! The fit is incredible...made for you! Funny, I was in the mood for a new dress today, too! I picked up some jersey from Joann's! Now, I'm inspired.

meli88a said...

The print is great, perfect for the dress!

Joyce in NC said...

Love the print. The fit is great!

Sheila said...

Love the dress and it looks great on you.

Andrea said...

I love the pattern of this dress. It looks fabulous on you. Nice job and usual.

Aminat said...

Looks so fabulous on you...I love the print...Ride on sis