KNITTERS-DELIGHT



1:30 PM

Fabulous in Fuchsia - FO Vogue 8597



Oops I've done it again....oh, wait - I'm not Brittney. Anywho, I have managed to complete another cowl neck top using Vogue 8597. I luuuuurrrvvveee it! I mean, I really, really LOVE it! This was the original cowl neck I started, but had issues with and ended up setting it aside to make the brown geometric shaped, version. Well, I decided to take this puppy off of the ironing board, cut off the scorched part of the cowl neck, pick out the side stitches where it was "wonky", and complete it. It really only took 20-30 minutes, so I am thrilled. I bought this double knit fabric from Yardage Town in Kearny Mesa (my obvious go-to-source for a quick fix).



As for my knitting, I am still working on Anemoon, but have cast on for Quadrat from the latest Knitty issue. I am using Atacama, a 100% alpaca hand dyed Chilean yarn from Little Knits. I purchased the Addi Turbo set from them as well. I purchased the Knit Pick version a few years back, but have managed to loose every part of that set. lol. My co-worker Carol from Cece's Closest is doing the KAL with me. She's already signed up on Ravelry, so feel free to ask her to be your friend. She's CecesCloset. Yup, this will be her first project. After that, I have a million project plans, including the a few projects from the latest Vogue Knitting as well as Chic Knit's Mondo Cable. With all that rambling I should state here that I really do intend to spread my time between knitting and sewing in the coming year. If I am able to complete at least 6 knit projects in 2010, I will be a happy camper.



This year, I managed to complete one knit hat and 64 sewed pieces. I'll try to do a more specific recap soon....maybe....Happy Holidays Everyone!

16 comments:

gwensews said...

Your fuscia top is really cute! I love to knit, and hope to see your finished projects.

Gail said...

64 pieces! That is a productive year. Can't say I've done as well.

Faye Lewis said...

Don't you just love cowl necklines? Yours is really pretty!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

This is a cute top on you! And since Vogue patterns are $3.59 on their website now I may have to pick this one up!!

64 completed items is awesome! You had a great year!!!

Adrienne said...

Beautiful color!

Anonymous said...

No, you're not Britney, you look way better! I just love pink so that top is perfect to me.

Tanya said...

Really cute top, it looks great on you.

julia said...

Fabulous is right!!!

Angela said...

Wow! I'm glad you were able to fix the pink top... it looks great! Congrats on all the finished items!

Andrea said...

Very cute, and that's a nice color on you. Happy New Year!!!!

Hilary said...

I LOVE this top! The length is great and it is perfect on you. 64 sewed items?!? Dang, that's productive!

Robin said...

The top is fabulous! LOVE that color. I can't believe how productive you were this year. I still can't get the blog mojo going!

Aminat said...

Your top is so cute...I love the color too, it suites you so well..Happy new year

Lynne said...

Fabulous, Fabulous! What a great top! Thanks for the inspiration...I guess this one will have to go on my list, too!

cici said...

This looks fantastic.. Fuchia is your color♥

amy said...

That color looks FANTASTIC on you.