KNITTERS-DELIGHT



11:52 AM

Double Your Pleasure - FOs B4995 Pants & BWOF 01-2010-128 Tunic



This year, I did not manage to get back to Vermont for the holidays. This was the first time I was alone for Christmas.....well, I had my sweetie Scofield snuggling up to me and aggravating my allergies, but it was just me. Surprising enough, it was really nice. All my family and loved ones reached out and I just enjoyed the fireplace, rented movies, and a lot of sewing.


Since my last project was the pleated skirt from the December Burda issue, I thought I keep up with BWOF projects. The day I completed the skirt, the next month's issue arrived in my mailbox. While a lot of the items are cute, they do not fully stand out at me to make. The "Take 1, Make 4" section jumped out at me the most. I chose version 128, which is the longer of the mini-dresses. After completing it, I decided that the length didn't work for my crepe back satin fabric and made it a straight top. I really like it! The slit in the front, the cufs, the sash - you name it! I did have to remove the top portion of the zipper and lower the back, to make this work, but that was really it for major alterations.



Now, the fact that I made a skirt and then a top seems counterproductive since I am part of the 2 months of pants sew-a-long. What's a girl to do? Hurry up and make some pants! Another really nice Butterick pants pattern for me. I finally took a leap of faith and went down two more sizes to a 12. What do you know? They fit nicely. I am pretty sure that I need to have back darts in all my pants and will remember that going forward. This pattern had them already, so there was zero alterations outside of a smaller hem (for being only 5'5 1/2", I have really long legs, it seems.



What will I venture to do tonight? Well, I do have an almost finished cowl neck top to work on, but my main focus will be finishing my Anemoon hat. I have a KAL (knit-a-long) planned with my co-worker....stay tuned.

14 comments:

gwensews said...

Those are nice looking pants. I like the buttons on the side.

Pam said...

Wow - I love it!! So chic and luxurious! I hope you wear this for New Years Eve!! Glad you had a nice Holiday sewing!!

HeathersSphere said...

Gorgeous ensemble!!!!

Angela said...

You look great! Love the top and pants!

Gail said...

Lovely work. I'm always struck by how well your pants fit.

Anonymous said...

You are burning up that sewing machine! Everything is gorgeous. That color top is so flattering on you.

Unknown said...

Your pic at PR caught my eye, and I love this top! Actually, your entire outfit is great, nice job!

Sheila said...

That outfit is Gooooorgeous... I must have that top. Is that Bwof dress pattern easy?

Robin said...

Love both pieces, but especially the top. It fits perfectly! Great shoes too.

Have you tried the Simplicity Perfect Fit pants series of patterns? The "curvy" fit has two sets of darts in each side of the back and I love the way they fit. Yours already fit great though so you may not need another pants pattern!

Andrea said...

This outfit is beautiful. I agree with Robin, I love the shoes.

julia said...

You look amazing in the outfit! Love the side buttons!!! Happy 2010!

Aminat said...

Beautiful outfit....

Susan said...

Sheila: This dress pattern is very easy with minimal pattern pieces.

Robin: I do have the amazing pants pattern, but have yet to try it. I have heard great things, though.

Kathi said...

What a stunning outfit. You have been quite the busy girl with your sewing! I am impressed!!