KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:34 PM

FO - BWOF 12/2009-112 Skirt



This is from the December issue of Burda. Just in time to get the January issue in the mail. lol. I really like how this came out. I used a stretch satin material purchased at Yardage Town in Mira Mesa in San Diego. I also have plain gray fabric that I picked up at the Kearny Mesa Yardage Town for this skirt.....I know, I know - I'm suppose to be making pants! lol. That's just how I roll.....actually I made a pair of faux leather pants this weekend, I'm just tweaking it a bit and I'll have my second pair for the Month of Pants sew-a-long....but that's for another post.

I really love this skirt.



This was my first time using my blind hem attachment for my Bernina. The pattern called for a hand sewn hem, but believe me when I say that I am HORRIBLE with any hand-work. This gave me the perfect opportunity to try a blind hem. For the second 112 skirt, I'll try the blind hem attachment on my serger, I think. I used snaps instead of buttons, also. I may change it to hooks instead, though, since some of the snaps don't seem to be too strong.

11 comments:

Amanda S. said...

VERY cute skirt! I love that fabric and the sequined black top is perfect with it. Good job on the hem!

KID, MD said...

Cute! This has been such a hot pattern! Looks great on you.

Opal said...

Nice outfit... I love the fabric...

Faye Lewis said...

You did a wonderful job on that skirt. I would have been scared to use that print for it but it turned out great. I am starting to want to make that skirt too. Can't wait to see your faux leather pants -mmmmm you are giving me ideas.

NuJoi said...

Love the skirt. I really love that black top.

Anonymous said...

Love the whole outfit(I could go on and on about what I love about it so I'll just stop with that:))!

Anonymous said...

super cute!! Love it with the sparkly top!

Rima said...

CUte cute skirt!

Kathi said...

Your skirt is really cute! I love the fabric choice for it. You did a great job - I LOVE the blind hem attachment! I haven't tried it on my serger yet. I keep thinking I need to get it out and play, but it is so easy on my Bernina that I just go back to that!

Sue said...

Fabulous version of this skirt!

lynneb said...

You should love it! It's a great combination of design and fabric. Very flattering