KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:30 PM

Pattern Review Wardrobe Contest - FO Simplicity 2654 High Waisted Linen Pants



I have been reading numerous blogs and there are quite a few people that have joined the wardrobe contest late....well not probably as late as me! I decided on Friday. LOL. At least I am able to use the last two tops I made since they were completed during the challenge dates. For those not part of Pattern Review, we must make 5 tops, 4 bottoms, and a topper. All pieces must go with every item. This contest started in October and Ends December 1st. I know have the end of this month to get cracking.



This post shows my weekend project, well it really only took an evening and some change, but that is because my rommie and I spent a great deal of time watching the entire series of Firefly. Anywho - the only two complaints I have are the over wrinkling of the fabric (spray starch anyone) and the crummy directions. Well, they may not be crummy exactly, but I didn't think they were too good. I was confused by the 2nd or 3rd instruction and decided to just wing it. This worked out great! I used a natural colored linen that has a golden sheen from the woven threads. My roommate was so excited to continue the Firefly marathon that she saved the day me at trip to Joann Fabrics to buy buttons and eye and hooks. I love love love the organic look and feel of these buttons and think they will compliment my wardrobe well.



During my weekend with my roommie, I was also able to trace and cut out my next pattern project - McCall's 5276. I am doing version C with the buttons. I am using a really nice multi-colored silk fabric that I purchased at Yardage Town the last time I attempted on of their wardrobe contests. lol. I thought it only fitting to make something out of it for this project.



While I made a story board for the various items I have planned for this contest, I have been unable to find half of the patterns in my stash (even though they are cataloged in my Pattern Review database). I have been really bad about laying them all around the house after I spent the time to catalog them in drawers. With all that being said, I will work with the ones I can find and spice up the rest.

13 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Wow, those are really nice. Great fit too.

gwensews said...

Those are very nice looking pants. Looks like they fit you perfectly. I now know, from your outside photo, where our sun in MI went!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Work it gurl, work it!

Angela said...

Those are some good looking pants! Welcome to the wardrobe contest party! I joined towards the beginning, but I have yet to start cutting any of my fabric. Eek!!

Adrienne said...

very nice!

AllisonC said...

Good luck getting done in time! Those pants look fantastic on you.

Gail said...

They are great fitting pants. Love the flared leg - making a big comeback.

Team Knit said...

linen pants are such an ultimate wardrobe staple!! they look amazing on you.

- Julie

Sheila said...

You did an awesome job on the pants and they fit great. Good luck on your pattern review challenge.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, linen wrinkles but that's what makes it linen. I LOVE linen, so the wrinkling doesn't bother me so much (of course, the humidity here takes out the wrinkles as soon as you step outside).

Great job.

Hilary said...

Those are GREAT pants. I bet you get a lot of use out of those!

brandilion said...

I had a great weekend with you. Thanks for sharing it with me. I'm so glad my button stash got dove into. It was lonely.

Angela said...

Hi Susan, I was wondering what you use to trace your patterns. I recently got a Burda magazine and didn't know what to use to trace the patterns. Thanks!