KNITTERS-DELIGHT



11:00 AM

FO McCall’s 5276 Jacket – PR Contest Entry # 4



So I am still cruising along with the Pattern Review Contest. I have four pieces completed and only 6 more to go and a full 3 weeks to do it. That’s really not bad – just 2 projects a week. So far I have on pair of linen pants, an airy lace gauze top, and my latest project, the unlined silk jacket. This leaves me with 3 tops, two pairs of pants, and a skirt to go. Two of the projects are using Vogue patterns – 8603 skirt and 8367 high waist-pants. Since I’m going to try to do a top this evening, I’ll leave that pattern as a surprise.



As far as the jacket goes, I’m glad that I forged through to finish it, even though it is not my favorite project. I really didn’t have any fabric to spare, so I was left with a few compromises. It is shorter than I’d like, so my original intent was to lengthen the pattern. I also wanted to do the same for the sleeves. None of this was possible. The silk material really should have been serged before sewing, which I didn’t realize until after completing most of it.

Changes: I made on 1/2“ hem instead of the 1 ¼” that the pattern called for. I also did my own thing to make the collar work. I just could not wrap my head around their directions for this part. It came out okay for my first jacket, but not as nice as I would have liked. I also used only one button and folded the inside part of the jacket down a bit more than the pattern to show the complimentary gray color. FYI, this is my best button hole EVER!



That’s all I can say other than I like the Asian inspired look of the fabric and that while I’m not jumping for joy over this one, it is working well at the office and is dressing up my very casual top quite nicely.

Oh yeah – I put my parents on the case for me in prayer back-up….guess what? They have extended the FHA tax credit! Prayer break-through number 1! Here’s to getting my home after all.

14 comments:

julia said...

The fabric for your jacket is so pretty. I like the length on the jacket and the sleeves. You look great in that pink. Bright colors really suit you.

sonoemi said...

A beautiful jacket and the fabric is a dream! It is excellent for you!

brandilion said...

I heard on NPR it passed in the Senate and was moving on to the house today, they pass it already?

<3!

KID, MD said...

What a fabulous jacket!! The fabric is gorgeous and that pleat in the back is so fun. It looks wonderful on you. I'm glad things are going well for the house as well.

gwensews said...

Congratulations on making a lovely jacket and moving forward with your home. Best wishes.

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

Ah yes, the power of prayer....Love it!
The jacket looks wonderful on you. I actually like the changes you've made. I may have to pull this out of my stash after all.
Angela

Faye Lewis said...

Now that is a cute jacket.

Team Knit said...

wow, that jacket is SO incredible!! such pretty fabric, too.

- Julie

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Love the fabric!

Hilary said...

That's really pretty! I actually like the cropped length.

Unknown said...

The fit is fab! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

That jacket is absolutely divine. Too, too cute!

And good for you on the house -- prayer really works.

Jackie said...

Very cute jacket and I love the fabric!

The Knitwit Hues said...

WOOHOO!!!! I'm still prayin' and will keep on!