KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:20 PM

A Lil' Bit of Knitting



So my roommie and I went to a yarn opening in Chula Vista on Sunday. It's called Maria's and it is GORGEOUS! Look at this place. Not only are the prices unbelievable (I'm talking as low as .99/skein) the atmosphere was perfect, too. It was nice and bright and very welcoming.


Brandilion and I both scored massive amounts of yummy goodness, which has started me back on a road leading towards knitting. I really have a new passion for sewing, but hate the idea of dropping my first love - so I won't. After careful consideration, I have started Norah Gaughan's Bubble Pullover from the Knitting Nature book. There are so many beautiful versions on Ravelry, I feel inspired. That's it for right now - so I'll keep it short and sweet. Hopefully some progress pics this weekend.....stay tuned.

Liz and Brandi




FYI: Liz, Brandi, and I are all rockin' our self-made sweaters. Gotta represent at an opening right? Liz and I used patterns, but my roommie designed hers a year ago and then went back and steeked the side seams for a perfect fit.

9 comments:

The Knitwit Hues said...

Girl! I was just wonderin' if you'd ever get back to knitting. I know you've a passion (and tremendous talent) for sewing, but you have amazing talent for knitting too! Yay, Yay, YAY!

Oooooooooo I'm WAY jealous that I wasn't there to beg you to take me with you to that FAB new yarn shop. Oh, to have one even remotely similar nearby...... wish, wish.....

Smiles, girl! and I'll be anxious to see the weekend progress pics.!

PS - Didn't comment yesterday, but that outfit is stunning! The top styling and fabric are gorgeous and so feminine. The skirt is, as you said, VERY Betty Boop and def would stop traffic. :D

I think you should be a model in your "SPARE" time! You always look so great, and I know you've oodles of time that you don't do a blessed thing! :P

Julie said...

looks like you had a super fun day!!

Aminat said...

You sure had lots of fun.... Can wait to see what you will make out of those lovely yarns.

Rachel said...

I would die from joy being around that much yarn.

Hilary said...

0.99/skein? Score!! I'm happy to hear that you're getting your knitting mojo back! Can't wait to see the Bubble Pullover. And I love all the sweaters you ladies are rockin'!

Teresa said...

Wow, that place looks awesome!!

Andrea said...

Sounds like you hit the jackpot on yarn!!! Those were awesome deals. Glad to hear you are knitting again.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is a gorgeous store! So glad to hear you're picking up the needles again.

Addie Marie said...

Oh, what fun! I love the sweater you made, too!