KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:30 PM

Betty Boop - Make It Work - Double the FOs Fo Your Pleasure



I know, I know - the title is a bit out there, but that's how I'm feeling with my latest 2 FOs. Both of these are part of the PR Wardrobe Contest. This puts me in a comfortable position to actually finish. I have only one top to make, a pair of pants, and a skirt to finish (which is almost completed already).

First off - the shirt is the first attempt at the Simplicity 2594 top. After succeeding with the green stretch fabric, I felt confident enough to complete this version. Still loving the fabric and texture.

I made the skirt using the new Vogue 8603 pattern. I really love the side ruching and back panel. It makes me feel all Betty Boop. Unfortunately I chose a fabric that really likes to unravel. Even after serging the sides,it is still unraveling inside, here and there. Regardless, I love the look and since the skirt only took an evening to make, I don't mind whipping this one up again.



Next up - I'm finishing my Cynthia Rowley skirt pattern - Simplicity 2512
I have messed up at every stage of this one, even though it isn't a complicated skirt. This includes sewing the pockets to the outsize and sewing the top of the skirt as the bottom, etc. Either way, I'm making it work (I love you Tim Gunn) and I am still happy with my progress. Speaking of progress....I was able to make really fast progress on the binding with the following purchase:



Now, I know many people find this to be useless, but I really like it. I HATE making bias binding tape and do not find the store bought variety attractive. This is the perfect marriage for the lazy and polished project seekers....meaning me.

10 comments:

KID, MD said...

The outfit is awesome, but I am LOVING that skirt! I would never have thought to do it up in denim, but it rocks. Nice work!

meli88a said...

That skirt is so cute -- and aren't you adorable in that last photo?!

Pam said...

Great fit!! I love it on you!!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

That skirt is really cute. I think my butt is to big to even think of going there!

Faye Lewis said...

You go girl!

julia said...

That is a Betty Boop look if I ever saw one. You look fantastic in that skirt.
I make my own bias tape most of the time, too. I haven't seen one of these tools. I'll have to check it out.

QueenSH said...

LOVE IT!!!! I didn't line mine either when I made it. So much easier. Good luck on the contest.

Hilary said...

VERY cute outfit!

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

You are a funny girl. Very nice!

Opal said...

Cute outfit... Love the poses...