KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:42 PM

FO - Simplicity 2596 Top & Anemoon Hat Progress



Here is the last top for my Pattern Review Wardrobe Contest. I am soooooooooo excited. I have a little itty bitty piece of binding left to add to the bottom of my skirt and one pair of already cut out pants to sew to finish the contest. This is great, since I started this thing the last day of October.




Yup - I am skipping around in my velvet peep toe booties with the 4 1/2" heel. I am happy to be whipping away on my projects, what can I say? The other nice thing was that I really breezed through this project. It was a cinch. I followed the directions for the most part (too easy to need, really) and voila. A nice work shirt/ go out on the weekend top. The sleeves have elastic as well as the hem. I used facings for the neckline as called for in the directions, but would just do a binding the next time around.




I also purchased some Malabrigo worsted weight yarn this weekend to work on a quickie knit project - Anemoon. Every Friday, Canary Knits features an Indie Designer. Well, on Friday she introduced me to Lucy Sweetland from Black Pepper. I really fell in love with her Anemoon hat and ran out to get yarn, after downloading the pattern. There are gorgeous versions on Ravelry and a lot of them were using Malabrigo. Hopefully this bad boy will be completed in the next few days.

The Stare of Determination


....or hunger....lol

13 comments:

Aminat said...

I love this top... I am digging mine out...lol.....So cute

KID, MD said...

This has been such a great pattern for you! This one is great. I love the way you put together the contrasting effect. Beautiful!

Pam said...

Adorable, as usual. I love your confidence!

Gail said...

That is awesome fabric. Is it one piece or two?

Anonymous said...

Great top! Can't wait to see your knitting project.

Julie said...

Such a beautiful top!! Looks lovely on you.

Sheila said...

Beautiful blouse.

LoL @ The stare of determination or hunger.

Susan said...

Gail - it's one piece of fabric that had a dark border color on the bottom.

Angela said...

Great top! I love the fabric! Love the knit pattern and yarn, too!

Andrea said...

Girl you have been working it out. I love the top. I'm diggin the shoes.

gwensews said...

The print you used for that top is fabulous. Don't you just love Ravelry?

Hilary said...

What a great, versatile top -- the colors (and color variations) are so pretty. And I fell in love with Black Pepper, too! All of Lucy's photos and projects are stunning and make me feel all peaceful when I'm looking at them.

P.S. Those shoes are FIERCE.

Rima said...

I am loving your new top! And great shoes too!