KNITTERS-DELIGHT



11:30 AM

Rarrr Rarrr - Tiger inspired Dress



I have completed a new dress using Vogue 1020 pattern. This is my third Vogue pattern and while I'm always nervous before starting, they have all worked out well. This was a quickie to make, even with me using a Lycra, 4-way stretch material. I traced, cut, and sewed all but one sleeve in one evening after work. I finished the last sleeve last night. Boom, voila! I used a print similar to Vogue’s model on the cover, but will also try this one in a solid – similar to the shirt version on the pattern envelope. Because of the fabric, this fits very snug and sexy. I made a size 18 and the fit is perfect. I like that it has a tigeresque feel, but the color makes it a bit of a twist. Actually on the pictures it comes off as a cross between the ocean and animal print. Either way, I'm diggin' it.



I only two changes to the pattern. I eliminated the zipper (based on almost every single review on the Pattern Review site) . The joy of using knits is for the stretch and therefore a zipper is pointless. I also made full length, more fitted sleeves. That’s it! It’s been only a week and a half on Medifast and I’m already a bit slimmer, so I know I’ll be ready to look all sexy in this thing in another few weeks! Lol.

My next two projects are already under way. I have traced and cut out the McCall 5388 top using an airy gauze. I will trace and cut out pants using the Simplicity 2654 pattern. I haven’t seen any reviews on this one yet, so I’ll have to be the test rabbit, I guess. Stay tuned for more……





Have a happy weekend everyone!

19 comments:

brandilion said...

I take good pictures! :P

KID, MD said...

Beautiful! You are such a hottie! I can't wait to see those pants - that pattern is in my stash. I love the waistband.

julia said...

Wow, don't you look good, lady!

Faye Lewis said...

OK,concerning the dress, "you are going to get arrested"! (LOL) Just kidding, but you do look so good in that thing. I'm glad that I have that pattern, but the question is - do I dare try it

Auset's Stitched Treasures said...

Niiiiiccccceeeee!
Angela

gwensews said...

Wow girl--when you sew, you SEW! Cute dress!

Amanda S. said...

Great dress! Love the fabric and colors. I made this in an animal print as well. It's just about cool enough to wear it again, too.

The Knitwit Hues said...

LOL @ your "rarrr rarrr" title! Stunning as usual!!

meli88a said...

You look fabulous, fantastic fit on that dress!

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous in that dress. I am really loving all the vibrant printed knits you are using.

Cas... said...

Nice dress! Love the colors! You're doing a great job.

Hilary said...

Hot!! I also LOVE your grey top from your last post.

Sheila said...

You are definitely working that ocean/animal print dress... Great job.

Andrea said...

You really do look good in this dress. Nice job!!! I also have this pattern, but haven't worked on it yet.

Lynne said...

You SHOULD be diggin that dress! It looks great on you! I love the print...is it animal? is it fish? is it plant? Whatever it is, it works! Nicely done.

Robin said...

Very nice! I like that print. I have this pattern too, and haven't made it yet. I agree with eliminating the zipper - I always do on knits.

Angela said...

Cute dress~!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for stoppin' by the blog! I got a little sad when I read you were in San Diego... that's where I moved FROM to Michigan. LOVED my years in Ramona.

I am also digging that top from your last post... may may to give that a whirl for the Winter.

Next time you talk to you mom, tell her I'll fly her out here to help me with the potty training :)

QueenSH said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! The fabric is awesome.