KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:38 PM

Gray is the New Black….FO Butterick 5327



I finally have a favorite. I am in LOVE with this top. I usually go for printed fabrics, which I love to rock - but this heather gray, comfy t-shirt/light sweats type of fabric has me swooning!

I had this Butterick pattern for a while and had even traced it out many moons ago. Yesterday I decided to dig it out and give it a try. A marriage made in heaven. There isn’t anything to really dislike about this project. I made it in one evening while catching up on a few shoes (House Hunter, Property Virgins, & Law and Order). Not one person at work thought that I made this one. When I divulged that I made it last night, two co-workers went as far as to tell me they had been certain that this was a store-bought purchase. I'll take that compliment! The only alteration I even had to make was shortening the length for the version of the pattern that I picked (version D). I also used 1/8" elastic in the sleeve casing instead of 1/4" because I used my last bit on my New Look Tunic.



I also had a blast taking a 10 minute break with my co-worker Carol from Cece's Closet to take a fun parking lot photo-shoot. Since I didn't get a chance for lunch today, that break was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Tonight I will try to reorganize my patterns. I have been taking them out of their spot and stuffing them in different doors, bags, closets, and purses. I know there are a hefty amount that I have on my list that I won't ever get to if I keep loosing them around the house. lol

15 comments:

KID, MD said...

Looks great on you! Nice work.

Gail said...

Sometimes the simple things give us so much pleasure. I love this style of top.

Sheila said...

Lovely top and it looks great on you.

Mama Violet said...

Very cute.

Angela said...

Awesome top!

marisa said...

Looks great - and very comfy!

Jada said...

Very cute top!

mle said...

What a pretty top! it looks great on you!

Team Knit said...

Gorgeous top!! It's like an instant wardrobe classic. Looks beautiful.

- Julie

Eliana said...

You have beautiful works of sewing! I loved them all!
Btw, thank you for your so nice words in my blog :)

Cas... said...

Very nice. I like the details.

Keep up the good work.

gwensews said...

Another nice top! This may become a TNT!

Anonymous said...

How perfect for the season! I love solids like this; I'm always worried that my wardrobe is too boring, but you can't go wrong with classic colors. Great job!

The Knitwit Hues said...

I, too, recently realized that I just LOVE grey! So soft and comforting, and it "gets along with" almost everything. The top is VERY cute, and I also love your slacks.

How's the house/home hunting going?

Amy said...

I have this pattern at home and have been debating about which version to sew - I think you've helped move the decision in the right direction! I also have a plain blue knit that is waiting for some attention. Love the grey on you! Looks great.