KNITTERS-DELIGHT



10:02 AM

Scarf Dress Challenge



Here is my dress made for the BurdaStyle Scraf Dress Challenge. The winner will walk away with a new Bernina (awesome) and the upcoming Wenlan Chia's new Twinkle book for sewing! The challenge was to make a version of Nicole Smith's scarf dress. Heres mine. If anyone is a member of Burdastyle, please search for mine and pick me as your favorite! I would love to be able to give my Mom her Bernina after she swapped my old $100 Singer for her new machine to help me on my sewing endeavors.



Life/Status Updates:
I know I have not posted in forever, so thanks for hanging on and not forgetting me. lol. A lot of changes for me in the past month. Scofield and I both miss Hannah and I'm trying to get Scofield to stop running around the house crying for her when it's bed time. This has not been fun. In addition to missing her, I am on a massive search to buy my first home. I have settled on an area, and that is what is making it tough, since I'm not willing to branch out elsewhere. There are not a lot of new properties. I have made an offer on a place that I REALLY want, so keep the good thoughts and prayers coming my way.

On the clothes front, I have not really worked on anything. I attempted to make a dress using Butterick 5278, but it just came out frumpy (no picks, sorry) - so I scrapped it before doing the small finishes. I'll try this one again in a more sophisticated knit choice...

I have cut most of the pieces for the flouncy Butterick 5313 dress and will start to sew it up tomorrow or Friday.

I am really interested in starting my own line of clothes or patterns. I have some ideas that I think would be fabulous to try out and sell online. While that is still a far ways away, I have at least registered for a website and filed (and received) my sellers permit for California. My new business name....K. Liboria - which stands for freedom and liberation. That's what the right clothes can do for a person, after all!

In order to make this happen, I am signed up for a pattern making class under the San Diego Continuing Education program in Point Loma. Joan McKenna is my teacher. She is wacky, and crazy and knows her stuff. Her blog is located here. She is always offering helpful sources for sewing, as well as tips she has picked up over the years.

13 comments:

The Knitwit Hues said...

So happy to see you back! I, too, have been struggling and not blogging or much of anything else since the loss of one of my darling little fur babies.

I'm not a Burda member so can't vote, but I AM cheering for you!

Yes! What a terrific idea to start selling your designs and patterns for them! Love the name you chose, too, and the meaning it relays on all levels.

ALL good wishes and prayers for you in the new home search -- what a roller coaster of emotions, that! It's worth it in the end, though; so I'll be anxious to hear all the updates!

Smiles to you!

Amanda S. said...

The dress is really cute! And I'm SO SORRY your cat died! I totally missed that post. We are cat lovers around here too. Good luck with the new business. :)

Sheila said...

You got my vote.

Good luck on your new venture.

brandilion said...

I found out about this on your blog! For shame!

Hilary said...

I am so excited for you and your new adventures! Good luck on the contest (the dress is fab), the clothing/pattern line (I really can't wait to see what you come up with ), AND the house!!

marisa said...

The dress looks great! Good luck on your business venture.

gwensews said...

What a lovely dress! Wow, you do have a lot of things going on in your life. Good luc, to you.

Jada said...

Not a member :(
But your dress looks awesome!! :)

julia said...

Great dress! You have been busy!

Andrea said...

So glad to see that you're back. Love the dress. I wish you luck and much success with your future plans.

QueenSH said...

The dress is gorgeous!! Very unique..good luck with your future plans. Time heals everything so keep your head up.

RobinH said...

Wow! The dress is gorgeous! And way to go on the pattern-making! That's very cool, and I bet you'll be great- you have a terrific sense of style.

My sympathy to you and Scofield, and good luck in the home-buying! It's so very liberating to have your own place.

brandilion said...

Oh hey, I'll be home tonight studying. Wanna have a little photo shoot? I can't wait to try that thing on!