So I have finally managed to finish cutting out all of the fabric needed for my Butterick 5313 flouncy dress. This should be a simple process, but I kept losing my traced pattern pieces. After cutting out the fabric, I realized I should make the front larger, to accommodate for not doing an FBA. I tried the top on last night and it is a great fit. I really like the color I choice and how I have laid out the fabric. Yes....it is just the top portion of the dress and I have the midriff, middle, and lower portion of the pattern to finish - but that is still progress. It's been slow going to get back in the swing of things and I am just happy that it is happening.
As an additional motivation, my co-worker Carol from Cece's Closet is going to sew her first two projects. During lunchtime, she has traced and cut out her size for Simplicity 3790 top and Butterick 5035 tunic. Tomorrow, she will cut out her fabric and start sewing on Thursday and Friday. Since I'm her new "teacher", I get to document the progress on my blog, while she gets all of the glory of her FOs. Stay tuned to her blog posts, too.
After I finish my dress, I plan on tracing a pattern from the last two issues of BWOF. I received the October issue this weekend and want to trace a few items before I lose my steam.