KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:42 PM

FO - New Look 6807


I have completed another successful FO! Here's my review from Pattern Review:

Pattern Description:
Misses easy two-hour knit tops with gathered front and back. There are three different sleeve styles and two sleeveless styles to choose from. All versions have the neckband extend into ties at the centre back. I made view B.

Pattern Sizing:
8 - 18. I made a 16, but could probably have got away with making a 14. Since I didn't pre-wash the fabric (I rarely do), it'll end up a perfect in the end, anyway.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
For the most part. My neckline came out slightly different, due to me cutting sparingly in order to get a top's worth of material from my left-over scraps.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, the instructions were great. I actually followed them almost to a tee, which is pretty rare.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
The top is pretty simple, but not really a 2-hour top. I was pretty determined to be accurate with this top. Since I like making quick knit projects, I'll often skip a step here or there. This top was my exception. I think it looks really finished and has great detail, despite being a simple, basic style.
I like the extra touch of having the elastic casing for the sleeves as well as the ties in the back.

Fabric Used:
a double Knit from my local store, Yardage Town on Clairemont Mesa Blvd. in San Diego. It's comfy like a regular knit, but has a bit more structure to it.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made:
My neckline is only slightly different, which was more because of my cutting job than anything else. It actually works well, though. It's less wide and covers my bra straps completely (some had complained about this issue in previous reviews). I also added small, tiny gems to the neckline in front, above the gathers and at the end of the ties in the back.



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I recommend this pattern and will sew it again for sure. In fact, I already have the fabric cut for version number two.

Conclusion:
A nice comfy, basic top with nice detailing. I have had very positive feedback from co-workers and friends saying that they liked this top as one of my best-made projects to date. Three people were shocked that I made it, saying this one looks store bought, for sure! ummmm - what are they saying about my other projects. Lol.

18 comments:

brandilion said...

I told you this yesterday but I'll say it again, I think this is one of the best, most finished looking pieces you have made. If it wasn't pink, I would totally borrow it.

**Susan's mental note, make all clothes in pink so Brandi won't steal it**

Anonymous said...

Really cute top! I love all the detail you put into it. I noticed you live in San Diego. I am thinking about moving there and would love to pick your brain about areas to live there. May I email you?

Clumsy Knitter said...

I just wanted to drop you a line to let you know that I went to my first sewing class today. I've been so inspired by all your great-looking FOs that I just had to sign up! Thanks for all the great posts. :)

gwensews said...

Look at you all pretty n' pink! That's a great top. Love the stones--very nice touch.

Adrienne said...

Very cute! Love the color on you!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Love that color!

Julia said...

That hot pink is great on you!! I love the style, too!

Sheila said...

Lovely blouse and pink looks great on you.

Gail said...

thanks for your comments on my blog. Love your top, the pink satin is fabulous on you.

Amanda S. said...

You are pretty in pink. Love the added bling.

Team Knit said...

gorgoues top!! the little crystals at the neckline are a lovely little touch.

- Julie

Hilary said...

What a great top! That pink looks awesome on you. Love the rhinestones, too! Oh, and I think all of your projects look professionally made!

Andrea said...

Love the top!! I agree with everyone else. The color is very pretty on you, and I really like the rhinestones you added. I have this pattern in my stash, so it helps to know what it will look like once I make it.

Faye Lewis said...

That's a great color. Love your embellishment,

Sew-Ann said...

Lol at the last two lines. Tops with embellishments I will be forever getting around to. I love this color and the design.

I also have passed an award on to you to share with others. Visit my blogspot to see.

The Knitwit Hues said...

The color looks smashing on you! And I love the top and the little gems you added.

PS - ALL your projects look VERY finished and professional to me!!

Anonymous said...

Love the top. It looks amazing.
I've given you the "One Lovely Blog" award. You can pick it up at my blog http://pendlestitches.wordpress.com/

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

That looks great! I love the gems you added. The color is nice and bright. Love it!