KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:30 PM

FO - McCall 5430 Reversible Skirt



Yay to me! I finished my reversible skirt. Actually, this puppy was finished over the weekend, but I'm WEARING it to work. My co-worker (and walking partner - side bar, but I'm very happy to be trying to get more healthy) took a few snaps on my iPhone for me modeling.



The yellow side is my favorite, but the pink is also a winner, especially since I'm working on a solid fuchsia/pink top using the Butterick 5185 mock wrap top pattern that'll work great with this version. There are 12 reviews on PR for the wrap top and I'm still a bit stumped on the finishing the knot portion of the directions. I've done the first part of it, but having trouble finishing it up. I'm bringing it to my last sewing class of the semester tonight in hope of completing this project. I'm sure it'll be easy, once the Instructor screws my head on right. lol. I've already done a knotted top and dress, but each one has been a bit different. Oh well, I love the style and shape and will work it out.

Once this project is complete, I plan on cutting out my yellow fabric for the New Look 6807 top. I should be able to whip the shirt up quickly and then it's the last project of my (personal) mini-wardrobe contest. I really feel good about sticking to my plan, even though the real contest is finished.

Skirt Stats:

This is not an actual reversible skirt pattern, but I wanted to get 2-skirts in one. I chose 2 cotton prints from Joann's and just cut the pattern out for each fabric. I liked the slight-poofy affect I was getting, so I left some of the fullness in when I sewed the FOE (fold-over-elastic) around the hemp and side edge. I used a black, heavier cotton for the waist ties and voila, a reversible skirt. This will really help me out with all the traveling lately. I like the idea of care0free, light packing. This skirt is the ticket!

17 comments:

gwensews said...

Hey, that's a great 2 for 1 skirt! And you're right--perfect for traveling. Nice job!

Julia said...

What a great skirt. Double duty!! You are so clever!

Julia said...

I love this double duty skirt!! How clever you are! The pink side will look even better when you get the other top made.

Sew-Ann said...

The yellow is my fav too and the concept is easy, which is up my alley.

Robin said...

Cute skirt! Great idea to make it reversible - perfect for travel!

On the B5185 top - wouldn't it work like that other Butterick pattern you made with the twist front top/dress and pants? It looks the same.

Jada said...

Good idea!! Great looking skirt!

Julia said...

I'm embarrassed. I didn't think my first comment went through that's why there are two that say almost the same thing. The skirt is worth double comments though.

Faye Lewis said...

That is a good idea turned into a great project. I haven't used the foe yet, got to look for some of that.

Team Knit said...

it's so pretty!! I like both sides. I'm so impressed by the reversible skirt- it would be the perfect thing to pack fior a holiday!

- Julie

Hilary said...

Two skirts in one! And they're both adorable!

Erica Bunker said...

What a great skirt!

Andrea said...

Love the skirt!! I agree with everyone else, it's a great travel piece and makes the suitcase lighter. I saw the spotlight that PR did on you the other day. Congrats!!

Thanks for the comment you left me the other day. I love cutting with my rotary cutter. I was using it on smaller projects, but finally got the larger cutting mat so I could use it to cut out my garments.

ekgheiy said...

SWEEEET!!!! :-)

Lisa said...

Wow! Looks great! I'm feeling tempted to think about sewing again after some disastrous attempts over the "weekend".

Do you purchase your patterns online?

Lynne said...

That is using your head! I love the idea of the reversible going on. Does this mean it's a wrap skirt?

Cennetta said...

Great way to maximize wearability. Cute skirt.

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of a skirt that has travelibility and you can wear it twice in the same week without anyone being the wiser.