KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:00 PM

PatternReview.Com Mini-Wardrobe Contest

I am ready to roll for the PatternReview.com mini-wardrobe contest. I have all of my picked items and coordinating material. While I am in absolute love with the current BWOF (Burda World of Fashion) issue, I have yet to make something from a pre-subscription purchase, the July-2008 issue. Since the 108 Tunic from that issue is close in style to the 115 top from the current issue, I’ve opted to make the tunic first….not to mention that this one has POCKETS!


I cut out my hot pink silk fabric during my sewing class last night. This was one of my recent LA finds. I will sew it up tonight and try to have this puppy on for work tomorrow.

I also made several fabric purchases at Yardage Town yesterday. I purchased 2 different pieces of linen for drawstring trousers (7-2008-117B),


along with a silk printed fabric for the blouse jacket (7-2008-103B).I then zoomed over to Joann Fabrics for material to make either a reversible wrap skirt (using a combination of the new free online Burda circle wrap skirt pattern and the ½ circle skirt pattern from “Sew What Skirt” book). If my reversible plan doesn’t work, I’ll switch up the pattern to Amy Butler’s Barcelona Skirt pattern with the apron overlay. I’m really trying hard to get as many varying outfits from the 4 + 1 pieces that are stipulated in the contest rules. Since I’m going out of town on Sunday for business, I’m going to push to have the top and skirt completed in the next few days. This will give me a god week and a half to make the pants and blouse jacket. I can’t wait to have some progress pics and FO pics to share.

14 comments:

Sheila said...

You have a great line-up of patterns.

Christie said...

I LOVE those pants! And the circle skirt is too cute!

gwensews said...

You have a good plan. Good luck.

Cas... said...

Great pieces for your wardrobe. I like everything you've chosen.

I can't wait to see what you make.

Good Luck!

Ambitious Sewer said...

Everything looks really good! It must be real exciting...cant wait to see what your version looks like.

The Knitwit Hues said...

Complete ditto on what Cas said!

Can't wait to see.... :D

Team Knit said...

Looks like a solid game plan to me- good luck, I know you can do it!!

- Julie

Hilary said...

Cool! Looks like you've got some great pieces. The yellow skirt is to die for. Good luck!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Susan I notimated you for an award. Check it out at my blog!

Lesalicious said...

Hey Susan looks like you still on a roll with things. Good luck on the patternreview contest. :)

Liliana said...

I just have only one word for your patterns – FABULOUS... Well, I too used to get fabrics/prints from JoAnn Fabrics.

Sew-Ann said...

I like both skirts!! I wouldn't mind another Amy Butler book of patterns and I love the BurdaStyle site.

MissMasala5 said...

I love these pieces, especially the tunic top with pockets and the Barcelona skirt. Can't wait to see your FO's!

Cennetta said...

Hi Lday, I like to tunic top as well. BTW- I've nominated you for the Attitude of Gratitude award.