KNITTERS-DELIGHT



7:15 AM

FO - Simplicity 2692



I have managed to complete Kim's "potential" prom dress. She gave me the treat of making her a dress. I am not positive if it will suit her taste or not, but tried to stick to the style, color, and length parameters that she gave me. This was my first attempt at a dress like this and I feel pretty pleased. I am sending it off to her today. I already mentioned to her that it is her dress and she may do as she pleases...once she's sent me a picture wearing it! lol. Of course, if it's not a winner, I could always make it into a rockin' skirt. lol. The material is a crepe back satin that I purchased from Fabric.com. I also used a China silk lining from them, for the midriff lining. I opted for another crepe back satin piece from Yardage Town for the bodice lining. The skirt is unlined. After three late nights putting this together, I'm looking forward to some BWOF (Burda World of Fashion) projects for myself. I'm thinking of signing up for Pattern Reviews "Mini-Wardrobe Contest". I'm just trying to work out which pieces to make to get maximum wardrobe combinations.

Bodice



Midriff



"Blinged" Out Hem




I'm off to see the Dave Mathews Band in Vegas this weekend, so my sewing won't be picked up until Monday. With a three-day trade show at the end of the month, I'll only have about 2 1/2 weeks to put complete the 4 pieces for the contest, but it's still worth trying. I haven't been great with making pieces that will coordinate with others. This will be a good project.

Have a great weekend everyone!

11 comments:

Team Knit said...

wow, that's gorgeous!! I hope she likes it. Enjoy the Dave Matthews concert!!

- Julie

Hilary said...

Whoa -- lucky niece! That is AMAZING. I adore the fabric (especially the midriff!) and the blinged out hem...and what a fabulous style, too! She is sure to love it.

Unknown said...

I think you did a great job. I hope she looks good in it. I'm having prom flashbacks. I think I need to go listen to Keith Sweat. Make it last forever...and ever.

gwensews said...

That's a beautiful dress. Great bling! She'll be the prom queen, for sure!

Cas... said...

Wow! That dress is gorgeous! You did a terrific job. the blinged out hem is awesome.

Have fun at the concert. I wish I was going.

MissMasala5 said...

I love this dress! I can't wait to see pics of her wearing it. Enjoy the concert :)

MissMasala5 said...

Beautiful dress, Susan, you worked it!
Enjoy the concert :)

Andrea said...

You did a wonderful job with the dress. I hope she likes it. I also hope you had a great weekend.

jessica said...

Wow! That is AMAZING - she's very lucky!!! Love your midriff choice, it goes really well with the satin :-). Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog today~

Sarah said...

I hope she likes it! I really like the hem, its a small detail, but totally adds to the fabulousness. I'm sure it will look great on her - looking forward to seeing the pics!

Julia said...

She'll love it, no doubt!