I am thrilled to have completed an FO that is actually wearable and attractive. For the last 2 weeks I have not been too successful. I refused to get frustrated (this is rare for me) and kept going. Voila - a successful piece. I started Simplicity 4076 on Tuesday during my sewing class. I had already cut the fabric before going to class. The teacher had just made one of the tops from that pattern and told me that it runs short. I tend to like my shirts longer anyway, so I'll have to add more fabric to the bottom to make it work. Since the design was a good look for me, I picked up Butterick 4789. It's a Maggie London design very similar to the Simplicity style. Butterick's version has more material in the twist and a v-neckline both in the front and back.
I made a size 14, but used my Olfa sewing guide attachment for my rotary cutter to add an additional 5/8” around the pattern when I cut it out, especially since the knit I picked from my stash didn't seem to have enough stretch. I did a narrow hem on the neckline and twin cover stitch for the sleeves and hem.
I will make this again for sure! I may even try doing the shirt version this weekend. I would consider this a must-try wardrobe builder.