KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:30 PM

Butterick 4789



I had a completely solitary weekend - unless you count cats crawling all over me while I'm trying to sew. lol. I managed to make TWO pairs of pants using the Butterick 4789 pattern. Since my recent dress came out so well, I thought I'd try the pants.....SCORE! They fit really well. I'm wearing the first pair to work. For the second pair, I shortened the crotch area just a tad, for an even better fit. These were so easy to whip up, I didn't even need the instructions. I did a triple cover stitch on the first pair and a twin cover stitch on the second pair's hem.

I'll have pics of the second pair tomorrow! I have also cut out a cotton stretch skirt and will try to sew that for my sewing class. I'll be cutting fabric for a knit wrap top this evening....productivity, productivity....since I'm on a roll, I just want to go with it and get some FOs out for the changing weather.

In non-crafting news, my Sister will be visiting me in two weeks. She lives in Vermont with her family and is actually taking a kid-free vacation to visit her little (or should I say younger) Sis. We'll go to LA and pick up some more fabric so I can deck her out with some handmade duds while she's relaxing on the beach!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pants look great. How is the circle shrug coming along? It still a part of my projects to do.

Robin said...

Looks great! I may have to try these too.

Faye Lewis said...

Your pants look GREAT! Enjoy your sister.

Manecoarse said...

What a sweet sister you are!

gwensews said...

Happy pants! Isn't it awesome when you make pants that fit? Good going!

Unknown said...

Well done, fitting pants is one of the most difficult parts of sewing ... I have a love/hate relationship with trousers so congraulations on such a successful outcome... smiles

Julia said...

Those pants look fantastic. Pants can be very hard to fit. Have fun with your sis.

Shanta Hayes said...

The pants look great, and you are a great sister. That is a wonderful treat for her I'm sure.

Dei said...

You're on a roll!

Michele said...

You're the best sister!!! What a lucky girl your sis is!

Cas... said...

You sewing dynamo! I love the pants.

Keep up the good work!

ekgheiy said...

Beautiful! You're such an inspiration. Keep it up! :)

Hilary said...

Awesome pants! And what a great sister you are, making her clothes while she hangs out on the beach. :)

Andrea said...

Your pants turned out great, and you are a nice sister.

Sarah said...

I wouldn't really call myself a proficient sewer, but I have made a few articles of clothing and am still scared to try pants! You did a great job (and that shirt is great too!)

Adrienne said...

They look great!

Sheila said...

Pants look great and will be checking out that pattern... nothing like an easy pant pattern.

Anonymous said...

I love your pants! The fit looks great. I need to check out the pattern.