KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:03 PM

FO - Butterick 5035 Tunic Version III


This is the third rendition of this asymetrical tunic. My original zebra print and my roomie's green version were both size large. I wanted a roomier version of my original using a funky print from Fabric.com which I had in my stash. The Jersey Knit fabric is called Phaidra Turquoise and I used 1.5 yards for a total cost of only $8.97. Can't beat that.

My first sewing class of the semester was not what I planned. Sewing is really growing in popularity. So much so - the class had well over 100 people! Last semester there were 45, which was overwhelming. Even though the multi-million dollar new building is 3 times the size of the old sewing room, we are over capacity. Professor Namdar asked me to change into the intermediate course, which should be smaller in size. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as that class is tonight! What did I do after being "kicked out" of class early for lack of space....did I mention that the class is located across from Joann's? I bought a great piece of silky fabric to make a skirt and a jersey knit solid for a coordinated top. Why am I off my fabric diet? I made my 10+ items using my stash. Yee-haw! Still, I'm going to try to continue some stash busting to use the fabric I already have.....



Here's a close-up of the fabric. I like the abstract feel. The whole thing is hearts, without being to "cheesy" for my taste. This one might even make a Valentine's day appearance....

19 comments:

DeltaPurl said...

very cute

Faye Lewis said...

That is a lovely top. Looks comfy and I love the abstract going on.

Omega said...

I love this top, the fabric is so pretty. You look really awesome in it, like a model,

Clumsy Knitter said...

100 PEOPLE!?!? Wow, I'm glad I didn't go. I almost went, and then thought, "Well..." I had no idea a sewing class would be so popular. Btw, your FOs look great!

Monique said...

Oh that's pretty! You're just diving in to these patterns.

Amanda S. said...

What a cute top! I LOVE the fabric choice. If they still had this I would buy it in a second. Great job on using your stash. I guess I should put myself on a fabric diet as well...

brandilion said...

Hey! I missed you too! If you didn't have class tonight I would suggest Lost, but we will try again later in the week.

Keep busting that stash! Our living room is looking more like a sweatshop then a living room. :D

MissMasala5 said...

You are really rockin' the tunic! What a great fabric. Love the colors.

Hilary said...

Very cool fabric, and what a great top!

Lesalicious said...

Great tunic, loving that fabric it has a lot of jazz to it great job.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Blues are really nice on you. I wouldn't have seen the abstract hearts until you pointed them out. I definitely think you will like an intermediate class instead of beginning - you're past beginner already!

Sheila said...

A lovely tunic.

Delana said...

How cute! I showed my daughter your photos and she really likes this top. I might have to see if I can find that fabric and make her one.

Meg said...

The top is gorgeous in that fabric. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.

Manecoarse said...

So jazzy! Love it.

Cas... said...

Super cute top! I love the geometric print. Keep up the good work!

mimisatin said...

That fabric is kicking. I love it.

Lisa H. said...

Wow! Fabulous top and you look beautiful wearing it. Enjoy your sewing class.

RobinH said...

Very cool! I love the way you work with the fabric pattern, so the pattern accentuates the drape of the top.