KNITTERS-DELIGHT



6:43 AM

Kind Words & FOs (Simplicity 2898)



Thanks for all of the lovely comments, prayers, and thoughts. I think that I made a good decision eve though it doesn't feel like it at the moment. When you love someone and they love you back, it is even harder to walk away. You second guess yourself, feel like you are not giving it your all, and whatever other rush of emotions that come your way. In any event, I feel stronger for sharing and even comforted by the flood of support. Thank you.

In an attempt to keep things crafty, I'm wearing another FO that I never managed to post about. It's not my favorite, even though I love the fabric. Still, it's a comfy top to wear on a Friday when I'm at work instead of hiding under my covers in bed.



Stats:
Pattern:
Simplicity 2898 - long sleeve version
Fabric: Delia Berry from Fabric.com I purchased 1.5 yards
Size: 10-22. I believe I cut a size 16.

This just didn't come out like I planned. I serged over spots that I didn't mean to (this was with my old serger) and pushed my awl through the fabric in others. lol. Still, I have managed to wear this to work several times and not one weird look among the office bunch. lol.

Knitting News:
I am close to separating for the sleeves on the circle shrug. I think I'll probably end up adding another one of these projects to my queue if it comes out as wearable as I suspect.

More Sewing FOs by weekend's end....

5 comments:

brandilion said...

It's a sexy top. It is actually one of my favorites of yours. I like the ruching (sp?) at the bust and the neckline a lot.

Remember, you didn't fail. A relationship takes two and no matter how much work you put into it, you will never be able to pick up the other's slack.

I love you!

Cas... said...

It's a cute top. If you don't mention the flaws I don't think anyone would notice.

Great Job.

Keep your spirits up and keep on trudging on.

Hilary said...

I haven't been by the computer in a couple of days, so I missed yesterday's post, but I want to add my voice to those offering prayers and support. I'm so sorry you're going through a hard time. And please don't feel stupid! You are obviously a very smart and thoughtful person, and you need to keep faith in yourself!

And on the crafty side...your new shirt is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Hey there just wanted to drop by. I understand your having a hard time right now. I hope everything gets better for you. I find keeping myself busy and mind on other things helps. Remember your a beautiful smart women and you deserve the world on a platter. Be strong girl! Blessed Be.

Tina

PS: Thanks for commenting earlier and that is a sexy top. You should go show it off!

Robin said...

I think the top looks good despite any mistakes, which I don't see. To me, it looks like you might like it better in a smaller size - it looks like it might have a little too much ease.