KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:55 PM

FO - McCall 5662



I have finally finished my Tunic and it is a slam dunk! I'm wearing it with my leggings I made a while back, which I still love too.... Here are the stats:

Pattern Review

Pattern Description:
Misses Tunics D has self-faced middle section, gathering, and close-fitting upper front.
Pattern Sizing: Lg-XLg. I made the large, but could have gone down a size to the medium.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes – maybe better!

Were the instructions easy to follow? As everyone before me has already stated, the format led much to be desired. The instructions are super simple, but instead of duplicating sections for each top variation, the pattern continually says “See Section….”. They used this extra space to put drawings of two women that suggest adding “sparkles and beads to make the top different”. Skip the cutsie stuff and the bare bones of the pattern directions are perfect on their own.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I had a bit of trouble using my serger and had to re-cut the top and back section. Second time around, I used my Bernina for the entire thing and then serged the seams after the fact.

Fabric Used: A poly/Lycra knit from Gorgeous Fabrics. “It’s called Red Bull's Eye - Red/White/Black”. Because I had to re-cut some of the pieces, I used almost all of the 2 yards.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: Nothing.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes. Actually, my roommate is going to make one two!

Conclusion: After the initial pause, this turned out to be a quick and easy pattern that has a sexy meets comfortable feel. A winner for sure.

22 comments:

brandilion said...

Yeah, and I need it. Like yesterday :)

Nice pics by the way. Way to work it.

Amanda S. said...

Super cute! I like the back neckline.

mimisatin said...

Now that's sweet. I love it. Gives me ideas. Keep it up girlfriend.

Fox :::.... said...

Aw so pretty!

Ambitious Sewer said...

Your outfit looks great!!! Nice pics.

Manecoarse said...

A Vee in the back too? So cute.

Unknown said...

This is adorable. I so need my machine back. :(

Adrienne said...

I love that fabric!!!!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

That is cute!

Robin said...

You look GORGEOUS in it, especially in the first picture! Just super vibrant and glow-y. You go girl! Red is great on you.

Hilary said...

Love it! The back is very cool, and it makes a fabulous outfit with your leggings!

Phoebe said...

Can't decide which I like more. Your outfit or your hair? Both look smoking hot!

QueenSH said...

The back is cute. Your fabric choices are always nice.

Jackie said...

Very cute! I like the fabric, of course! LOL

Delana said...

You look like you're all ready for a night out at a club. That looks so cute on you!

Anonymous said...

I love it. You are inspiring me. I have such a fear of knits!

MissMasala5 said...

Hey, now! Love the print and the total look. Definitely a slam dunk!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Gurl I mominated you for an award. Check out my blog!

mimisatin said...

I have nominated you for the Sisterhood Award. Go to my blog to continue.

T. Joi said...

Love the outfit and hair. You are working it. Go on girl!!! Great job.

Omega said...

Cute top, as usual it looks great on you. I've nominated your for the "Sisterhood Award" Thanks for sharing your creativity, knowledge & sisterhood. (check my blog)

Cennetta said...

Work it, Mama! Great looking outfit.